This resource replaces two documents: LINC 4 & 5 Curriculum Guidelines (1999) and the LINC 1 - 3 Curriculum Guidelines (1997).
This on-line curriculum resource corresponds to Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 2000, the Canadian standards which describe a person’s ability to use the English language.
This new document differs from the original LINC curriculum guidelines in a number of ways:
- Five LINC levels are now included in one publication
- The material is organized by themes rather than levels
- The level outcomes have separate competencies for all four skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing).
- Sample tasks have been developed for each of the four skills
- Topic outcomes have been rewritten to correspond to the CLB 2000
- All topic pages include relevant pronunciation items
- New resources have been added for planning and evaluation
- Text and Web-based resources appear on the topic pages
- Computer tasks are fully integrated into the sample language tasks and include a variety of activities such as spreadsheets and presentations
- This document is available for viewing in HTML (web site) format.