OCASI The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants invites qualified individuals/organizations/companies to submit a proposal for a contract to create a new website for the Positive Spaces Initiative.
OCASI was formed in 1978 to act as a collective voice for immigrant-serving agencies and to coordinate responses to shared needs and concerns. Its membership comprises more than 220 community-based organizations in the province of Ontario.
This work is part of OCASI’s Positive Spaces Initiative, which provides professional development, resources and other opportunities to the immigrant and refugee serving sector in Ontario. PSI is funded by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Since 2009, PSI has been committed to building organizational capacity to work more holistically for the betterment of LGBTQIA+ immigrants and refugees in and around Ontario. Our website serves as a valuable resource, where much of the work we have done since 2009 is accessible to agencies and their clients. Further, the website also contains content relevant to the sector outside of the scope of work we have done. The website, and subsequent content on it, needs to be migrated and redesigned to;
- Meet and/or exceed AODA requirements
- To maintain relevance in our changing world
- To meet the needs of those using the website, and
- To update the ‘face’ of the initiative
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit proposals for the redesign of the PSI website to reflect these listed criteria, as well as to create a more modern and user friendly website for the stakeholders who utilize it.
Scope of the Project
The contractor will:
- Re-design PSI website, using Drupal 8
- Migrate content from PSI’s current Drupal 7 site to Drupal 8
- Work collaboratively with PSI Staff to develop the website. Feedback will be solicited from the Advisory Group and OCASI staff at various stages of the process, and incorporated into the design
- Submissions Due - Friday, December 4th, 2020
- Agreement Signed – Monday, December 14th, 2020
- Work Completion – Monday, March 31st, 2021
A total budget will not exceed CAD $10,000.00 (which includes HST and other costs)
- Experience and expertise in website development and graphic design
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Drupal sites
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of website development with portfolio of websites, including websites developed using Drupal
- Experience migrating content from one website to another
- Knowledge and experience ensuring websites meet and/or exceed Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) requirements
- Project management skills, as evidenced through successful, on-time/on-budget completion of comparable projects
- Application’s history and track record managing assignments of a similar size and scope
- Consistency between proposed work-plan, timeframe, and budget
The proposal should not exceed 6 pages and should include a résumé that outlines relevant qualifications, skill set and professional experience(s). In addition, the proposal should include, but not limited to, the following:
- Overview of the applicant’s understanding of the scope and requirements of the project
- A work plan that takes into account the deliverables and implementation timelines
- A brief description of how the applicant plans to work with the OCASI staff
- Examples of prior work similar to this type of project
- 2 References related to comparable projects
Please submit your applications by December 4th, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. EST to:
OCASI Hiring Committee – PSI RFP
Please put the following in the subject line: PSI Website Developer RFP
Please direct all questions to Joselynn Crosby at email@example.com
Thank you to all applications, however, only shortlisted individuals/organizations will be contacted.