The Sexuality Studies Program is pleased to announce a Visiting Scholar position in partnership with the Centre for Feminist Research (CFR) at York University for the 2020-21 academic year. We invite applicants who have acquired a doctorate in sexuality studies and/or transgender studies by September 2020 to submit an application. Junior and senior scholars are welcome to apply. The Visiting Scholar position is intended to provide an institutional base for junior scholars doing postdoctoral research or senior scholars on sabbatical or research leave.
The Centre for Feminist Research and the School of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies will offer:
- a shared work space (if applicable, given Covid-19 regulations)
- access to the York library system
limited administrative support
- an opportunity to present your research (remotely) in the Program and in undergraduate and graduate classrooms
- contact with other scholars within York University doing sexuality studies and in the Centre for Feminist Research.
Unfortunately, we do not have funds for a stipend or honorarium. Visiting scholars will be expected to present their research at a seminar or public lecture organized by the Sexuality Studies Program and the CFR, and to actively participate in activities organized by the Sexuality Studies Program and the CFR. Complete applications will include:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae
- a proposal (2-3 pages) outlining the research project you plan to undertake while Visiting Scholar in the Sexuality Studies Program at York University
- two recent publications
- the names and contact information (email and telephone) of two references.
The application deadline is Monday, August 17, 2020. Applications should be sent electronically to:
Tiffany Pollock, Coordinator, Centre for Feminist Research