Request for Proposal TNO – The Neighbourhood Organization Structural/Operational Review 2022.
Issue date: December 29, 2021
Closing Date: January 28, 2022
The RFP timetable is tentative only. Responses submitted after the Closing Date will not be considered.
Issue Date of RFP December 29, 2021
Deadline for Proponent Questions January 21, 2022
Proposal Closing Date January 28, 2022
Oral Presentation Notification (if applicable) February 7, 2022
Oral Presentations February 11, 2022
Notification of Preferred Proponent & Contract Award Date February 16, 2022
1.0 Summary & Description
TNO – The Neighbourhood Organization (“TNO”) is seeking proposals from qualified consultants and/or consulting firms to provide a comprehensive review of current functional and departmental organizational structure, with recommendation for future/desired functional and departmental organization structure, addressing the following:
- The most effective way to organization to meet client service levels and agency needs
- The strategic alignment of programs/services to ensure TNO continues to provide optimized service delivery to our clients
- The operational capacity for current and future growth
- Communication/decision making structure/workflows and responsibilities
2.0 Proposal/General Instruction
- Submit one (1) clearly identified electronic copy of the RFP as per guidelines below via email to Leisa McKenzie, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email submission should be “TNO-RFP (company/contractor name).
- TNO will not be responsible for any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposals in response to the RFP.
- TNO reserves the right to reject any proposal
- Proposals submitted must be valid for 60 working days from the date of submission.
- Any inquiries and other communication related to this RFP should be directed to Leisa McKenzie, Manager, Human Resources – email@example.com by January 21, 2022.
- The closing date for submissions is Friday, January 28, 2022, 5:00 PM EST.
- TNO at its discretion will evaluate all aspects of each proposal and makes its selection on what it determines to be the best interest of TNO. TNO may require oral presentation of one or more consultant(s).
TNO -The Neighbourhood Organization is a well-established community-based social and settlement service agency providing a wide range of programs and services supporting low- income and newcomer communities across Ontario and sometimes across different provinces through online services and referrals in more than 50 languages and at no cost.
TNO is committed to building a safe and healthy community through supporting and strengthening the quality of individual and community with four central locations and 134 satellite locations.
TNO is a model for neighbourhood programming and community development in Ontario. In 2011 and 2017 we were awarded the United Way Spirit Award for excellence in community giving. In 2020, TNO was nominated as one of the best settlement agencies across Canada and voted as the winner of The Canadian Immigrant and RBC 2020 Settlement Agency Award.
Established in 1985, TNO started as a family and newcomer support organization, and has grown to 170 staff and 200 volunteers. TNO provides a wide range of community, social and immigrant settlement services including language training, child, youth and family programs, employment services, primary health care services, housing services, programs for seniors, and support for families and people with disabilities, community development initiatives, mental health and many other complementary programs.
In addition to providing client-centered services, TNO has expertise in managing complex, multi-year projects in partnership with diverse stakeholders and partners.
We strengthen quality of life through services, engagement, partnerships, and advocacy.
Neighbourhoods where everyone belongs and succeeds.
Accountability and Intergrity
We act ethically, transparently, and responsibly with respect to all our endeavours and resources entrusted to us.
Client and Community Centred
We engage and value the input of our clients and communities in service planning and development as well as advocacy strategies.
Equity and Inclusion
We strive to ensure fair and just treatment in our actions and build a culture of belonging for all.
Collaboration and Partnership
We engage organizations and groups in collective, meaningful, and effective ways to achieve shared goals.
Innovation and Excellence
We focus on improving services and systems with creativity and originality to achieve exceptional outcomes.
4.0 Scope of Work
The consultant(s) shall, at minimum deliver a report that includes (with rationale):
- Review of current and recommendation of desired TNO organizational structure
- Review of current and recommendation of alignment of programs/services
- Roadmap to implement recommended organizational structure changes, short-term and long term
It is anticipated that the consultant(s) will work with the C.E.O., Senior Management Team, and Managers and staff to accomplish the scope of work through a combination of activities (in-person or virtual), such as: interviews, focus groups, facilitated group meetings, reviewing of internal and external documentation.
6.0 Consultant Qualifications
The consultant(s) must have:
- Experience in large-scale implementation, process optimization and change management
- Experience working with organization leadership in assessments, problem identification, information gathering and solution implementation
- In-depth knowledge of NFP’s, neighbourhood and community development and social services agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of TNO catchment communities an asset
- Strong facilitation, research and data collections skills
- Demonstrated experience consolidating finding and presenting solutions in a comprehensive and relatable manner
- High degree of emotional intelligence and cultural awareness
- Experience creating a neutral environment for and soliciting input from various individuals
7.0 Submission Format and Content
B. Executive Summary
This should include an overview of your organization, what makes your organization standout, and how TNO will benefit from contracting your services.
C. Experience and Qualifications
Please provide details about the following:
- i. Project Team (names, titles, contact information) who will be participating in the project
- ii. Expertise and experience of your organization and project team members, specifically in the areas noted in section 6.0.
D. Work Plan
Provide a detailed description of the activities to be conducted by the consultant(s) in order to achieve the Scope of Work referenced in section 4.0, including:
- i. Specific activities to be conducted and suggested timeline (this should include activities related to information gathering, etc.)
- ii. Details of deliverables tied to activities
- iii. Roadmap for implementation
Your budget should include:
- i. Detailed breakdown of costs for all items in the project scope
- ii. Detailed breakdown of approximate hours spent by each member of project team and associated fees
- iii. Breakdown of incidental expenses (travel and any other expenses)
- iv. Proposed payment schedule tied to deliverables
Your proposal should include three (3) references - organizations that have used your services in a project of similar scope within the past 5 years. Kindly supply contact person, title, contact number and email address. Describe the nature of the project for each reference.
8.0 Appication Review Process
The C.E.O. Senior Management Team and Manager, Human Resources will review all proposals and rate each application based on the information specified in Section 7.0 and the results of the reference checks.
For more information visit: http://www.tno-toronto.org