Request for Proposals to undertake a Project Evaluation
Catholic Crosscultural Services is seeking an experienced evaluation consultant or consultancy firm to design and implement a project evaluation of a new project, the Scarborough Newcomer Settlement Collective, funded under IRCC’s Service Delivery Improvement (SDI) stream.
Catholic Crosscultural Services is a settlement agency providing services to newcomers and immigrants, and is also the lead agency of the Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP). Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs), funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), provide a collaborative framework to facilitate the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for the successful integration of newcomers to Ontario that are local and regional in scope.
The Toronto East Quadrant LIP is a partnership that involves diverse service providers, stakeholders and newcomers in the planning and development of collaborative and innovative solutions to enhance newcomer settlement in Scarborough while promoting efficient use of resources.
In close collaboration with the TEQ LIP stakeholder group, the Scarborough Newcomer Settlement Collective Project aims to engage the diversity of stakeholders across Scarborough to develop a model of a community-based plan for settlement service delivery and funding, which will build evidence on the viability and the potential benefits of a community-based planning approach to funding and delivering settlement services.
Scope of this Request:
The Evaluator will be responsible for developing and executing an evaluation designed to measure if the project meets its objectives and is able to address emerging needs and requirements. The evaluation will be designed and implemented over a two-year timeframe and should include both process and outcome measures.
Expected activities will include:
- Assessing the process, activities, and outcomes of the project
- Designing the project’s evaluation plan and evaluation framework
- Developing and implementing evaluation and data collection tools in collaboration with the project team
- Engaging in regular consultation meetings, timeline to be defined at project onset, with project management and staff, to ensure that Evaluation Plan is implemented effectively
- Completing analysis of data collected
- Produce regular progress update reports based on funder requirements
- Producing one mid-project report and one final project evaluation report
- Assess whether the project activities are on track, stakeholders are engaged and whether activities and results lead to the intended outcomes.
- Assess effectiveness of project partnerships in achieving project outcomes
- Assess the overall success of the project through a final evaluation
- Identify unintended program impacts/outcomes both positive and negative.
- Evaluation framework and logic model
- Evaluation matrix and detailed evaluation plan with justifications including proposed sources of information; research methods and procedures; analysis; and knowledge dissemination and report structure
- Any required evaluation tools to be developed (e.g. surveys or stakeholder/group interview questions) along with plan for analysis
- Evaluation work plan with a detailed timeline February 2022 to March 2024
- Regular progress update reports as required by the funder
- Mid-term and final evaluation report with executive summary written for a broad audience
Completion of the evaluation framework by March 2022, mid-term report by March 2023 and final report must be completed by March 31, 2024.
Proposals should detail the Evaluator’s experience delivering similar initiatives and competence to successfully complete the work. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposals:
- Experience designing and conducting program evaluations, including the design, administration, analysis and reporting processes
- Experience in evaluating multi-stakeholder programs and capacity building initiatives with a research component
- Demonstrated knowledge of different evaluation methodologies, including process and outcome evaluation, and ability to apply them to this project
- Familiarity with IRCC strategic directions; experience in evaluating other IRCC projects
- Knowledge of newcomer services
- Content, clarity and visual appeal of the proposal
- Canadian Evaluation Society designation an asset
Please send a proposal (5 pages maximum) including:
- Letter of Introduction including executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the project
- Work plan, timeline and deliverables along with a description of how consultant plans to achieve the goals
- Description of any expected challenges
- Proposed budget (max $19000 over the project period) including hourly/daily rate(s) of consultant, estimate of hours/days of work, all labour and other overhead, materials, equipment, travel, communication and delivery costs, staff time, disbursements
- Background and related experience
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Please submit your proposal with the subject line “RFP SNSC Evaluation” to email@example.com