Established in 1954, Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS provides services in Scarborough, Peel Region and on a national level through the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program. We work to improve lives of newcomers by providing information, training, services, and supports.
CCS is seeking a qualified, experienced consulting firm for the purpose of conducting a feasibility study in Scarborough.
Scope of this Request:
The objective of this feasibility study is to understand the need, potential, and requirements for a place-based, community development-oriented one-stop-shop for newcomer services, including alternative housing models.
The feasibility study should include the following:
- Scan of best practices related to affordable and mixed-use housing options
- Analysis of service needs and gaps related to newcomers and housing in Scarborough
- Mapping of available physical space and assets in Scarborough
- Outline of financial, space, human and other resource requirements
- Analysis of legal and policy requirements that impact such a project
- Feasibility of implementation, including cost structure and business plan
- Outline of recommended project partners and their roles, including lead agency, and, core and service delivery partners
- A detailed and comprehensive report, including technical, economic, financial, legal, operational, and needs-based requirements for the project
- Business plan and preliminary financial feasibility analysis
- Clear recommendations supported by data and evidence
The project budget should be in the range of $35,000 – no more than $50,000 in total for the completion of the feasibility study.
Proposals must demonstrate experience respecting the subject matter and competence to successfully complete the work.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposals:
- Knowledge and experience of the consultant respecting:
- Asset and needs analysis
- Housing and service planning projects
- Place-based and community development approaches, newcomer services
- Preparation of business plans for alternative housing-related projects
- Preparation of financial and needs-based feasibility studies for newcomer service delivery and housing-related projects
- Familiarity with Scarborough
- Familiarity with legal and policy requirements related to newcomer service delivery and affordable housing in Toronto
- Content, clarity and visual appeal of the proposal
- Any value-added element that the consultant considers would be a positive enhancement to the project
- The project is expected to start by February 10, 2020. All deliverables must be completed by June 30, 2020.
Proposals shall include the following:
- Letter of Introduction including executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the project
- Proposed work plan, schedule, and deliverables including project activities, milestones, team members assigned to each activity, and level of effort anticipated for each task (i.e. hours, days)
- Description of any expected challenges
- Detailed budget breakdown including hourly/daily rate(s) of consultant, an estimate of hours/days of work, all labour and other overhead, materials, equipment, travel, communication, and delivery costs, staff time, disbursements
- Background and related experience of consultant(s)
- Three (3) client references
Email: Please send your proposal with the subject line ‘RFP Feasibility Study’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 30, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Address: Catholic Crosscultural Services
55 Town Centre Court, Suite #401
Toronto, ON M1P 4X4