Request for Proposals to Undertake an Environmental Scan
Catholic Crosscultural Services is seeking a qualified, experienced consultant or consultancy firm to conduct an environmental scan to inform the Scarborough Newcomer Settlement Collective Project funded under IRCC’s Service Delivery Improvement (SDI) stream.
Catholic Crosscultural Services is a settlement agency providing services to newcomers and immigrants and is also the lead agency of the Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP). Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs), funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), provide a collaborative framework to facilitate the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for the successful integration of newcomers to Ontario that are local and regional in scope.
The Toronto East Quadrant LIP is a partnership that involves diverse service providers, stakeholders and newcomers in the planning and development of collaborative and innovative solutions to enhance newcomer settlement in Scarborough while promoting efficient use of resources.
In close collaboration with the TEQ LIP stakeholder group, the Scarborough Newcomer Settlement Collective Project aims to engage the diversity of stakeholders across Scarborough to develop a model of a community-based plan for settlement service delivery and funding, which will build evidence on the viability and the potential benefits of a community-based planning approach to funding and delivering settlement services.
Scope of this Request:
CCS is seeking an experienced consultant to design and implement an environmental scan and produce a detailed report that will provide baseline information to inform the model development. The environmental scan will include:
- Summary of community needs, characteristics, priorities and assets with focus on newcomer settlement in Scarborough
- Description of agency, institutional and funder landscape in Scarborough
- Description of existing local networks and decision-making structures
- Scan of promising practice models for community-based, participatory decision making on service planning and funding
- Data sources and recommendations for creating a streamlined process for evidence-informed decision-making
- Key stakeholders that need to be involved in the model development process
A draft report and comprehensive final report detailing findings from the above-mentioned areas and providing recommendations based on these findings.
The project is expected to start in late January 2022, with the major part of the work to be completed by March 31, 2022. The final report is to be submitted by May 2022.
The proposed budget should not exceed $18,000 for the completion of the environmental scan.
Proposals must demonstrate experience respecting the subject matter and competence to successfully complete the work. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the proposals:
- Knowledge and experience of the consultant regarding:
- Environmental scan, community asset and needs analysis
- Place-based and community development approaches, newcomer services
- Organizational and funding landscape in the Greater Toronto Area, especially Scarborough
- Multi-stakeholder programs and capacity building initiatives
- Familiarity with Scarborough
- Familiarity with IRCC strategic priorities as well as legal and policy requirements related to newcomer service delivery
- Content, clarity and visual appeal of the proposal
- Any value-added element that the consultant considers would be a positive enhancement to the project
Proposals shall include the following:
- Letter of Introduction including executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the project
- Proposed work plan, schedule, and deliverables including project activities, milestones, team members assigned to each activity, and level of effort anticipated for each task (i.e. hours, days)
- Description of any expected challenges
- Detailed budget breakdown (max. $ including hourly/daily rate(s) of consultant, an estimate of hours/days of work, all labour and other overhead, materials, equipment, travel, communication, and delivery costs, staff time, disbursements
- Background and related experience of consultant(s)
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Please submit your proposal with the subject line “RFP SNSC Environmental Scan” to email@example.com