OCASI – Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants is soliciting proposals from qualified professional and experienced consultants or firms to conduct Job Evaluation. The purpose of this RFP is to conduct job evaluation using a systematic method to determine a given job’s relative value or worth in relation to other job within the organization. The result would be used for HR purposes.
In conducting the Job evaluation, the consultant will work under the direction of the Associate Executive Director and directly in collaboration with the OCASI Senior Leadership.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI is the provincial umbrella for immigrant and refugee serving organizations in Ontario. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Formed in 1978 to act as the collective voice for immigrant and refugee serving agencies, OCASI's membership is comprised of more than 200 autonomous community-based organizations across Ontario.
OCASI champions equity and human rights for im/migrants and refugees through advocacy, collective action, collaborative planning, research, capacity-building, and information and knowledge transfer.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT
• Jobs are to be assessed in a gender-neutral manner and based on skill, effort and responsibility rather than on the skills or qualifications of a particular incumbent. In other words, the evaluation should be based on jobs, not people.
• The evaluation is focused on internal job evaluation and not concerned with external relativities. i.e., the relationship between the rates of pay of jobs in the organization and the rates of pay of comparable jobs elsewhere (market rates)
• The evaluation compares current coordinators position against the senior coordinators
• The evaluation review existing coordinators and assess if they are correctly designated and compare if workloads are comparable
• Define what OCASI consider as “Tech Positions”
• Provide a standard procedure for determining the relative worth or value of each job in the organization
• At least ten years relevant experience in providing classification, job evaluation and compensation consultation services or as a reward specialist.
• Good knowledge of job evaluation methodology including but not limited to Hays method of job evaluation
• Experience in organizational review and/or design would be an asset
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of how not-for-profit organizations (preferably in immigrants and refugee sector) are structured and function
• Knowledge of the current legislative compliance governing HR requirements.
• Understanding of equity and access issues as they pertain to im/migrants, refugees, and racialized communities
• Ability to manage assignments effectively –consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of work with minimum supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
• Proposals should not exceed 5 pages and must include:
• A summary of the proposed process for the job evaluation.
• A detailed work plan outlining the activities to be completed and related timelines.
• A complete and detailed budget summary.
• Relevant qualifications and experience.
• A statement of the Consultant’s understanding of issues of confidentiality as applied to this project and disclosure concerning any real or perceived or potential conflicts of interest.
A total budget will not exceed $15,000
The proposal should include three references of individuals who can speak to their experience with the consultant in conducting projects of similar scope. Information regarding each reference should include the individual’s name, address, telephone number, and email address.
Previous Work Product
The proposal should include at least two examples of written work similar to the scope of work requested within this RFP (e.g., strategic plan).
OCASI reserves the right to ask clarifications from shortlisted consultants and will not provide feedback about unsuccessful proposals.
Proposals must be submitted electronically by email addressed to: email@example.com
RFP submission Deadline: July 22, 2022, 5:00 pm
All attachments must be in PDF, WORD or EXCEL file format
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted