OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants was formed in 1978 to act as a collective voice for immigrant-serving agencies and to coordinate responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. Its membership is comprised of more than 200 community-based organizations in the province of Ontario.
OCASI invites qualified individuals/organizations to submit a proposal for a contract to produce 8 to 10 short videos to serve as promotional and informative tools for the National Settlement Sector Community of Practice, known as SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.org.
SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.org brings together practitioners that serve immigrants and refugees to build their knowledge and skills capacity with a focus on improving settlement services in Canada.
OCASI seeks a video animation service provider to produce a series of short, 3-5 minute animated videos showing how the Community of Practice helps members to learn, share, connect, and collaborate.
While the video animation illustrations will be created by the animation team, OCASI will provide script and story guidelines, working with the animator to ensure clear and concise messaging and appropriate artwork and animation to communicate concepts, data, and narrative. OCASI will work with the animation provider to identify the most effective animation and creative direction to achieve the video’s objectives.
1. Promotional Video
- What is SettleNet.org?
- Mission and Values
- What do you get out of the platform?
2. SettleNet.org is a bilingual platform
- How to best navigate bilingual content on the site
- Explain the Réseau-Etab.org and SettleNet.org dashboards
- Show how to translate content and which content can be translated
- Drive home that Réseau-Etab.org is the same platform, the same community with the same members as SettleNet.org, but with content unique to the francophone community
3. Groups and Communities
- How to make a group
- Explain the types of groups on the site
- Closed and open
- How members congregate in groups by topic, project, and types of engagement: with clients (e.g. Immigrant & Refugee Communities), with community (e.g. Access without Fear), with internal OCASI working groups (e.g. OCASI Tech Team), etc.
4. How to find courses and navigate our library
- Ways to search content:
- Tags, types of content available (past/upcoming), standards of content we post, what is available
5. Ways to connect on SettleNet.org
- How to build your profile in a way that markets yourself
- How to connect with other people in their groups and through personal messaging
- Overview of our community guidelines
Every video must include:
- SettleNet.org introduction animation: Welcome to SettleNet.org, Canada’s immigrant and refugee serving network.
- Outro animation: Connect with us online, website URL, social media info.
8 to 10 captioned videos that will be 3 to 5 minutes in length in a format appropriate for YouTube and other social media. 3 or 4 of the videos will be in French. Please note that the content of the videos will remain the sole property of OCASI. Videos must meet WCAG 2.0 AA multimedia requirements.
All proposals must demonstrate:
- The candidate’s experience in video and animation service
- 2 examples of the candidate’s videos
- Knowledge of Communities of Practice and/or online communities
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- Some knowledge of the settlement sector
- Good working knowledge of French
The proposed budget should include a breakdown of fees for professional services, hours, and administrative services, including taxes. Please include daily rates if possible.
There is no set budget ceiling for this project; however, proposals will be assessed for costeffectiveness related to other proposals received. Budget submissions should reflect actual costs.
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - RFP application period begins
- Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm EST - RFP closes
- Short-listed contractors will be invited for interviews the week of March 3, 2020 - Contract awarded (approximately)
- Friday, March 6, 2020 - Work to begin (approximately)
How to Apply
All electronic proposals must be in Word or PDF format and received by Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST to be considered.
Proposals must be sent by email to: RFP@ocasi.org
Questions related to this RFP should be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com
If you wish to discuss your proposal prior to submitting it for evaluation, please contact OCASI using the above email.