Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a charitable organization providing services that assist in the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees.
The objective of this RFP is to update the Catholic Crosscultural Services website with a new design and website content information architecture. The website should be designed and organized in a manner that allows the following:
- User with limited computer experience to easily find and access information
- Supports easy navigation to key services
- Rich in content management system (CMS) features and capabilities
- Dynamic, accessible and engaged content that provides a positive and successful user experience
The website URL is http://cathcrosscultural.org/. Existing website updates are currently made via WordPress.com. Using the existing website as a frame work, following are some things we would like changed on the current site:
- Improve the appearance of the website by de-cluttering and organizing pages according to services and needs
- Increase the speed of the website
- Improve the website SEO ranking
- Improve the efficiency of maintaining, updating and enhancing the website
- Streamline site so that design improvements can be made easily and swiftly in the future
- User friendly site based on user personas that include readers’ various age demographics (youth, families, women, seniors etc.) to address their goals by understanding their needs
- Reorganize the home page for easier navigation to services and programs
- Create a more interactive and purposeful event calendar
- Have a more visible events section
- More visible “google select languages selection” option
- Program highlights that speak to the client’s needs
- A resource page for Newcomers Support, Language & Training, Career Development, Community Connections, Refugee Resources
- Sector related information: e.g., IRCC, social services
- Dedicated “online services” and “sign up” option
- Implement live chat window
We’ll need a re-organized site that we can manage, that will look great, allow us to create pages, and add to it easily. The site should be a user-friendly and be better targeted to our clients and stakeholders.
Scope of Activities
For design, we are not looking to re-brand or change any colours of the website. More so, we’re looking to ensure that the new site looks great and works on mobile devices. We would also like to start our external newsletter very soon and would need to increase our email newsletter list (hence the sign up for newsletter option). We will also be heavily involved in social media therefore, it is important that the website showcases/links the social media sites we have.
Our logo is very important to be featured prominently and we use all of our colors currently throughout our marketing pieces so it will be important to include that color scheme for any changes.
The launch of the new re-organized website must be completed before June 30, 2019
Submitted proposals should be prepared simply, providing a straightforward, concise delineation of the approach and capabilities necessary to satisfy the requirements of the RFP.
The proposal should include a detailed work plan, timelines and budget breakdown. Applicants should also send their resume, cover letter and indicate their relevant qualification and experiences.
Applicants should submit their proposal by February 15, 2019
How to apply:
Please submit your application through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Helpful Information
The following are very important in making a final decision and in the selection of a web developer for this project:
- Technical Proficiency - Ability to understand all of the components involved and make recommendations.
- Proactive - Ideally we’d like to find an individual/company that understands our needs and makes recommendations based on their experience with web tech, rather than have to assist in the process.
- Communication - Communication is important, we’ll have a fully dedicated project lead on our end and would appreciate the same. Being kept in the loop as the project moves through phases and understanding what will happen-when – so that we can coordinate with our larger marketing pieces will be important.
- Customer Service - We want to make sure we’re taken care of and the company/individual we select has ongoing healthy relationships with a number of existing clients.
- Internet Marketing Knowledge - Although not specific to this project, internet marketing will be a big part of our larger plans. Knowledge of getting a website in front of our audience is helpful.
- Experience - Additional relevant experience related to this project specifically, our marketing goals, or our industry are all helpful.
Catholic Crosscultural Services is an equal opportunity employer. CCS welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.