Catholic Crosscultural Services is seeking an experienced Instructional Designer to review and adapt the curricula for LINC (Literacy – CLB 6) for hybrid/online delivery and provide us with tools, methods and strategies to present content and leverage available technology to better engage participants to achieve learning objective.
Due to COVID-19, the LINC program is being delivered online using platforms such as Zoom supported with pre- and post self-study components. The Instructional Designer will adapt course materials and content to enhance the delivery of online training that will achieve the best outcomes for students.
Scope of this Request
The Instructional Designer will apply expertise in e-learning to the creation of effective online teaching and assessment strategies, learning activities and tasks. Areas of focus will include:
- Review and adaptation of existing course content for LINC (Literacy – CLB 6) for hybrid/online delivery
- Selection of activities that best achieve stated learning objectives in a hybrid/online learning environment
- Determination of activities that are best delivered online in-group sessions versus individual pre- or post-class activities
- Tools and activities for engaging participants to reduce distractions that may accompany online learning
- Enhancing effectiveness of virtual learner assessments
- Review existing curriculum to update, modify, and develop online teaching materials for program delivery
- Detailed work plan with justifications including proposed sources of information; research methods and procedures; analysis; and knowledge dissemination and documentation structure
- Relevant curriculum for language learners in a virtual environment, including tools, methods and strategies to present content and leverage available technology to better engage participants to achieve learning objectives
- Design of online PBLA based module, lesson plans and assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learners’ progress based on the CLB & PBLA Guidelines.
- Participation in regular consultation meetings, timeline to be defined at project onset, with project management and staff, to ensure that activities are implemented effectively
- Produce project documentation including best practices and guidelines for online/hybrid delivery
- Any required tools to be developed along with plan for application
All project deliverables need to be completed and submitted by March 31, 2021.
Proposals should detail the Consultant’s experience delivering similar initiatives. The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications, demonstrated in the proposal:
- 3+ years experience developing and implementing e-learning content for LINC, ESL or similar programs for adults of diverse cultural backgrounds
- TESL Certificate from a recognized institution and ongoing membership with TESL Ontario
- 2+ years experience working as an instructional designer, learning designer, or educational developer
- 3+ years experience teaching LINC/ESL classes following the LINC Curriculum Guidelines and Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Knowledge and experience with PBLA, Canadian Language Benchmarks and tools for benchmarking students’ progress
- Proficiency working with educational technologies to support teaching and student needs
- Computer skills with knowledge of ESL educational software, MS Word and Internet
Please send a proposal (5 pages maximum) including:
- Letter of Introduction including executive summary that demonstrates an understanding of the assignment
- Work plan and deliverables along with a description of how consultant plans to achieve the goals
- Description of any expected challenges
- Proposed budget $7500 including hourly/daily rate(s) of consultant, estimate of hours/days of work, all labour and other overhead, materials, equipment, travel, communication and delivery costs, staff time, disbursements
- Background and related experience
Deadline: February 5, 2021