Request for Proposals (RFP)Independent Contractor Opportunity for: Business Advisor for Entrepreneurship Connections Program (Vancouver / Richmond, BC) for Entrepreneurship Connections.
For the period: March 1, 2018 – March 15, 2018
Application Deadline: Monday, February 19, 2018 5:00 pm
ACCES Employment Overview:
A fully inclusive labour force that reflects the diversity, skills and experience of Canada’s population.
ACCES Employment assists job seekers from diverse backgrounds facing barriers to employment, to integrate into the Canadian job market. We achieve this by providing employment services, linking employers to skilled people and building strong networks in collaboration with community partners.
ACCES Employment has over 30 years of experience delivering a broad range of effective employment services to all job seekers in the communities we serve, and we specialize in serving internationally-trained individuals. In 2015-2016, ACCES delivered Employment Ontario services to over 20,000 clients at our 5 GTA locations - Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Mississauga and Brampton. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way of Toronto.
As an Employment Ontario service provider, ACCES offers fully equipped resource centres, information and referral services, individualized employment counseling, job search workshops, and direct employer placement and post-hire supports across all 5 of our locations.
ACCES has integrated a unique series of sector-specific training programs into our core employment services. These programs help newcomers to find and maintain employment in Canada that reflects their professional experience, skills and education. Our programs include: Engineering Connections, Financial Services Connections, Human Resources Connections, Sales and Marketing Connections, IT Connections, Supply Chain Connections, Leadership Connections, Entrepreneurship Connections, Youth Jobs Connections, Canadian Employment Connections, Employment Connections for Newcomer Youth, HealthCare Connections and the Trades Project. We also provide workplace language and communications training through our Talk English Cafés and our Language for Workplace Connections program. As well, ACCES has over 12 years of experience delivering the START program, a pre-employment program for women which combines computer training with a life skills and employment preparation curriculum.
For additional information about our services, please visit our website at www.accesemployment.ca
The Request For Proposal:
This Request for Proposals (RFP) is issued by ACCES Employment (ACCES) for the purpose of identifying organizations or individual professionals that may qualify to be awarded a temporary contract related to the services described in Section 8 – Project Goals.
Interested parties are asked to read this invitation carefully and are invited to submit an application in accordance with these instructions.
ACCES is not Committed to Applicant’s Expenses:
The application process will not necessarily result in a commitment to sign a contract with the Applicant. ACCES shall not be liable for any expenses incurred by any Applicant, including the expenses associated with the cost of preparing the Application.
Distribution of the Request For Proposals:
This RFP has been released:
- By notice to a broad spectrum potential applicants as identified by
- By publication on ACCES’s website
- By publication on Settlementatwork.org’s website
- By publication on Charity Village’s website
Entering into a Contract with ACCES:
The successful applicant will be required to sign a Master Service Agreement (MSA) and a Statement of Work (SOW) with ACCES. The (MSA) will be signed with a termination date of March 31, 2018. Subject to funding renewal, a yearly (SOW) will be issued at the beginning of each fiscal year outlining the scope of work, payment terms, and additional details.
Please be advised that successful Applicants will be required to:
- a) provide the services for a defined period of time
- b) provide monthly invoices or an invoice to ACCES on account of their services
- c) provide ACCES with an HST number for their business; and
- d) report their income and directly remit the payment of all taxes or payments assessed or levied against or in respect of their business, including income tax, Canada Pension Plan, and all other premiums or levies required by law to the appropriate Government Agency.
- Applicants responding to this RFP may not have any personal or business interest that would present an actual, potential or apparent conflict of interest with the performance of the contract to be awarded. The successful applicants will be required to adhere to all ACCES HR Policies.
- Organizations responding to this RFP may be required to provide proof of Liability Insurance Certificate and WSIB.
ACCES reserves the right to withdraw this RFP or terminate the resulting contract within the terms of the contract without penalty.
ACCES programs and services receive funding from various sources and therefore all contracted services are subject to budget constraints.
ACCES will review all applications. Applications will be judged based on the quality of response, experience, qualifications and cost.
References will also be included as part of the evaluation.
Interviews may be requested by the ACCES Selection Committee, in addition to a requirement for additional written materials, to ascertain the qualifications of applicants.
ACCES reserves the right to reject any or all proposals. Proposals may be rejected if incomplete, illegible or conditional.
The purpose of this RFP is to provide one on one business advisory and coaching to newcomer entrepreneurs as per the Entrepreneurship Connections (EC) curriculum and to support the launch of the program in the city of Vancouver. Entrepreneurship Connections is an award-winning program delivered by ACCES through a partnership with the Business Development Bank of Canada. The program is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada to facilitate a national roll out by March 2020. EC provides newcomers with training in core subjects essential to successfully launch a business, support to build business networks an access mentoring and advisory services. The program benefits newcomer entrepreneurs as well as local and national economies through the creation of new businesses and jobs.
Scope of Services:
- Provide and document one-on-one coaching and mentoring support for each client
- Review and provide feedback to clients on workshop assignments
- Provide feedback and coaching to clients in preparation for their Business Pitch
- Provide guidance on client’s writing their Business Plan and supporting start up documents
- Provide information and guidance to clients about the complementary business support available for small businesses in Vancouver and surrounding areas
- Liaise with ACCES staff to fulfill program requirements including documenting specific services provided to individual ACCES clients, as per program standards, guidelines and procedures
Those applying to deliver the Entrepreneurship Connections program must be available to Coach Clients between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time according to program schedules.
- 5+ years Training and Workshop facilitation experience in micro and small business development
- 5+ years of experience in the business coaching of small business clients
- 5+ years working with Newcomer clients in Vancouver and/or surrounding areas
- Experience founding and operating a business in Canada
- Extensive knowledge of the general Canadian and active membership in the British Columbia small business industry and networks
- Demonstrated experience working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of integration issues faced by newcomers
- Highly proficient computer, MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Publisher) the Internet and email communication
How to Apply:
All applicants must
- Enclose a Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Enclose a cover letter outlining your relevant qualifications and professional experiences
- Provide a rate/fee schedule, including HST number
- Include a minimum of two professional references
Please note that any hospitality, incidental, food, travel and other expenses will not be reimbursed.
Submit application by Monday, February 19, 2018 5:00 p.m. via e-mail, fax or mail to:
489 College Street, Suite 100
Toronto, Ontario, M6G 1A5
In order to be fair to all proponents, late submissions, phone calls or e-mails to discuss the applications status will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants (individuals/organizations) will be contacted.