Bengali Information and Employment Services(BIES) is inviting request for proposal from qualified Social Workers to provide mental health/counseling supports to vulnerable individuals of Bengali community living in Greater Toronto area.
Scope of work:
Bengali Information and Employment Services (BIES), is a Toronto based not-for-profit agency providing a wide range of programs and services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status in the Greater Toronto Area. BIES is seeking a qualified Registered Social Worker as sub-contractor to provide in person and virtual services to vulnerable individuals/families suffering from mental health challenges due to COVID-19 pandemic. The scope of the role includes but not limited to providing direct mental health support services/supports/counselling to 40 vulnerable family/ individuals in Bengali Speaking community in Toronto for three months (September, October and November,2020). Each individual/family will be provided three sessions. Each session will be 60 minutes long.
Key Selection Criteria:
- The minimum level of education preferred is a social work/or equivalent degree, Bachelor of Social Work with experience.
- Membership in good standing in related provincial regulatory association
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing mental health/ Crisis Support counselling with related background
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to issues affecting immigrant and refugee in Bengali communities in Greater Toronto Area
- Demonstrated commitment to high standards of culturally responsive service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, judgement and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability in using discretion in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential issues
- Good organizational skills, ability to multitask while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of community resources and services relating to mental health services
- Solid computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office andable to provide virtual services
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Fluency in Bengali language is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Willing to travel in GTA
Responsibilities of the Sub-contractor:
- Conduct initial mental health assessment of individual clients and help clients identify existing strengths and assets, while exploring their current needs in dealing with the challenges and difficulties they are experiencing
- Provide evidence -based intervention, one on one counselling to individuals and families in supporting the development of goal setting and personal skills, identifying specialized services as required to effectively deal with mental health challenges coming from COVID-19
- Provide case management by coordinating with the appropriate additional community supports and services needed to ensure optimum care within the boundaries of confidentiality and disclosure
- Liaise with internal and external supports and partners (i.e. mental health service providers, Settlement Workers, Crisis Support Counselors) for client’s recovery and integration into the society
- Make appropriate referrals to longer term community support services and/or mental health services as required
- Prepare written mental health assessments, case notes and related data
Period of Work: September 01, 2020- November30, 2020,
Work Location: GTA
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and work plan along with session fee including HST in no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 25, 2020.
Thanks to everybody for their proposals. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further discussion.