The Community Cultural Action Fund supports and strengthens the cultural, artistic and heritage expressions of official-language minority communities. Funding is typically provided to organizations in the form of contributions or grants.
Who can apply
Eligible organizations include:
- Canadian not-for-profit institutions and organizations; and
- provincial and territorial government organizations.
Eligible expenditures include, but are not limited to:
- implementation costs to help ensure the long-term development of official-language minority communities in the area of arts, culture and heritage.
The following expenditures are not eligible: capital projects; operation of organizations; regular coordination, networking and strategic planning; needs analyses and research; professional training; and activities with an international scope.
IMPORTANT – Changes regarding application deadline
In light of the current situation related to COVID-19, the April 6, 2020, deadline for submitting an application to the Cultural Community Action Fund is extended to May 25, 2020. We encourage applicants to contact their regional Cultural Community Action Fund officer to make special arrangements should the current situation be preventing applicants from transmitting information to the Department in a timely fashion.
April 6, 2020
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines; and
- contact the Official Languages Support Programs of the Department of Canadian Heritage to request an application package and to submit the required documentation.
Department of Canadian Heritage
Official Languages Support Programs
15 Eddy Street, 7th Floor
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST).