You must submit your application by October 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Newcomer settlement and language training services help newcomers succeed in their new home. Applicants can apply for funding to deliver services under the following program streams:
- Settlement and orientation: assessment, information, orientation and referral services and newcomer-specific labour market orientation, career planning and employer connections
- Language training: language assessment, language training, and integrated language and skills training in or for the workplace
Employment-related services focus on the unique challenges faced by newcomers seeking employment, with an emphasis on:
- language skills
- employment readiness
- career decision making
Applications are expected to include relevant community and employer partnerships.
This funding opportunity is open to:
- not-for-profit organizations
- school boards
- publicly funded post-secondary institutions
Additional information and questions
Coming soon: The Ministry will post recorded information sessions in English and French, to provide interested applicants with information about the funding opportunity and application process. Check back here to access these recordings.
Live question and answer sessions will take place:
On Microsoft Teams/video-conference (English):
- Thursday, September 16, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00pm
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 from 1:00 – 2:00pm
On Microsoft Teams/video-conference (French):
- Tuesday, September 21 from 1:00 to 2:00pm
Please email SettlementAndIntegrationPrograms@ontario.ca to register. Interested applicants are advised to view the recorded information session and read the Application Guide in advance of the question and answer session.
Questions and answers
Interested applicants may also submit written questions to SettlementAndIntegrationPrograms@ontario.ca
The Ministry will respond to all emailed questions directly. Responses to emailed questions will also be added the questions and answer document posted above. Updates will be posted on:
- September 15, 2021
- October 13, 2021
The deadline for submitting questions is October 6, 2021.
Please note that Ministry staff will not assist applicants with proposal development and cannot comment on individual proposal ideas.
For technical support, contact TPON Client Care at