The course is intended for managers and service providers to more effectively serve LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual) immigrants, refugees, and newcomers. This three (3) week training is supplementary to Creating Positive Spaces for LGBTQIA+ Newcomers Level 1. It provides tactical & practical tools to address LGBTQIA+ newcomer issues and reviews organizational change strategies.
Upon completion of this 3-week course you will:
1. Engage with issues of intersectionality to further develop critical thinking skills and build capacity.
2. Strategize about resistance to change through various techniques, and confront overt/covert biases of co-workers and clients.
3. Enhance organizational systems to embody best practices for working with LGBTQIA+ immigrants and refugees.
To Register: click here
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 17, 2023
Prior completion of Creating Positive Spaces for LGBTQIA+ Newcomers Level 1 is required.
This course is open to managers, settlement workers and service providers who are working in or with the immigrant and refugee-serving sector across the province who are willing to:
- Commit to approximately 2-4 hours of learning per week
- Practice active participation through the program
- Engage in Positive Spaces Initiative (PSI) Group in www.SettleNet.org, a new national online Community of Practice for the Settlement Sector
- Complete assignments within the given timeframe
At the successful completion of each level, you will receive a certification of completion from OCASI
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Onar Usar at email@example.com