Ontario is taking further action to end hallway health care by making increased investments in the province's hospitals.
Today, the Deputy Premier and Minister of Health, was joined by the Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Health, at Casey House to announce an additional investment of $68 million to support small- and medium-sized hospitals across Ontario with their unique situations and funding challenges. This new investment is on top of the $384 million more that Ontario's hospitals received this year as part of the province's 2019 budget.
This funding includes a province-wide increase in funding of one per cent for 66 small-sized hospitals, 1.5 per cent for 23 medium-sized hospitals and targeted funding to assist with unique situations and historical funding challenges.
This investment will:
- Help ensure that Ontarians continue to have access to high-quality care;
- Help put an end to hallway health care;
- Address sector challenges and previous funding model inequities;
- Promote the sustainability of hospital operations; and
- Protect existing core services in communities across the province.