The government of Ontario is providing more opportunities for newcomers and multicultural communities to succeed, with a new grant program focused on promoting diversity and reducing barriers to inclusion.
The program will support community projects that advance diversity and reduce barriers to inclusion, while providing opportunities for newcomers and ethno-cultural communities to participate fully in the civic, cultural, social and economic life of Ontario.
Projects will be selected for their ability to:
- Increase intercultural awareness and understanding.
- Enhance civic engagement and social connections.
- Improve social and economic integration of newcomers and vulnerable groups such as refugees and newcomer women and youth.
- Empower women, for example by providing opportunities for leadership roles.
- Improve access to services for newcomers and diverse communities.