Government of Ontario
Ontario's Government is taking another step toward ending hallway health care for families and patients in Peel Region.
The redevelopment at Credit Valley Hospital has created:
- An expanded emergency department that is now more than double its former size
- A renovated and expanded surgical and perioperative department, which includes two new operating rooms
- An expanded critical care unit that is more than double its former size, with five new beds
- A renovated and expanded diagnostic imaging department with new, state-of-the-art equipment
- A new six-bay ambulance garage.
- The Credit Valley Hospital Phase 3 Priority Areas Redevelopment Project includes renovations to approximately 187,000 sq. feet of existing hospital space.
- Sustainable design strategies to improve patient, visitor and staff comfort, create an improved healing environment and reduce annual energy costs, were incorporated as a vital part of the design of the Credit Valley Hospital redevelopment project
- Ontario is investing an additional $90 million in 2018-19 to build 1,100 beds and spaces in hospitals and the community, including more than 640 new beds and spaces to prepare for the flu season.
- Ontario is investing more than $300 million to support the addition of 6,000 new long-term care beds — the first wave of more than 15,000 new long-term care beds over the next five years.