The Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is looking for an experienced person to fill the position of Youth Mentoring Facilitator. The Youth Mentoring Facilitator will support high risk youth through access to consistent, caring adults who will support youth participants to pursue and achieve goals and outcomes related to employment, education, civic engagement and leadership.
The successful candidate will recruit and select mentors and mentees, organize training to build the capacity of mentors and mentees, organize peer-groups, group sessions, liaise with parents and schools, provide ongoing mentorship support, develop a service plan/assessment of mentee goals and desired outcomes. Keep record and develop an evaluation mechanism on progress and/or outcomes of program.
- Develop consistent process for the recruitment and selection of both mentors and mentees
- Ensure recruitment process for mentors will include security screening and completion of vulnerable sector police background check
- Manage a case load of mentors and mentees as assigned by manager
- Ensure that client information in the database is current and accurate
- Facilitate the engagement of youth in the community
- Ensures that services are accessible, responsive and respectful of participant’s values and needs
- Experience in organizing evidence based training/ group sessions for mentors and mentees.
- Post Secondary degree in social work or a diploma as a social service worker or equivalent combination of education and experience over a minimum three-year period
- Demonstrated experience in health or social service setting
- Knowledge of refugee youth and settlement issues and services
- Proven ability to work with a team composed of staff, volunteers and in a multiracial, multiethnic setting
- Excellent report writing and Computer skills in a Windows environment
- Ability to work effectively with other service providers
- Flexible, as evening and weekend work is required
- Ability to speak, read and write French is a requirement
- Vulnerable Police Clearance report is a requirement
Compensation: $26.39/hour + plus generous benefits package
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume by August 21, 2020 before 5:00 p.m. via email to:
Adriana Lilic, Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Please note CCVT operates in a unionized environment. CCVT encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
The Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs.