INTERNAL/EXTERNAL OCISO JOB POSTING
Position: Workshop Facilitator/Employment Counsellor – YESS – Youth Foundations Employment Project
Term: Full-time – 35 hours per week (April 2021 – Indefinite)
Reports to: Manager of Youth Services (YOCISO)
OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Workshop Facilitator/Employment Counsellor will support immigrant and refugee youth to obtain and retain employment. This person is responsible for conducting intake, assessment and referrals; facilitating workshops and providing one-on-one employment counselling services for eligible YESS clients using a client-centered approach contextualized for the workplace, the Workshop Facilitator/Employment Counsellor will support clients during the critical months of employment retention. The Workshop Facilitator/Employment Counsellor works in collaboration with employers to set goals within the workplace and supports the client’s environmental challenges that hinder employment.
• Coordinate project; establish and monitor work plan in consultation with core partners; ensure strong reporting, evaluation framework, communication strategy
• Deliver activities required under evaluation framework and prepare progress/final reports
• Develop employment counselling curriculum
• Employment Counselling: conduct client intake and assessments; assess client’s employment readiness, and define short/long term career goals
• Develop and deliver networking sessions
• Deliver orientation sessions to clients
• Provide referrals to other programs/services as needed
• Participate on internal committees and working groups as required
• Ensure high standards of service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy framework
• Develop and lead virtual professional development workshops with youth
• Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
• Must be attentive to detail and apply problem solving skills in a fast-paced work setting meeting deadlines
• Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach
• University degree or college diploma in Human Resources, Marketing, Linguistics or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in the areas of employment supports/counselling, labor market integration for immigrants/refugees, and/or human resources and linguistics
• Proven experience in supporting immigrants/refugees
• Excellent program coordination, organizational, and presentation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with mainstream computer applications and database software
• Fluency in English essential, French or other languages desirable
• Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
• Knowledge of office procedures, Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Communications is imperative
Salary & Benefits: $46,000 - $47,300 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
We encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator: email@example.com.