Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or immigration status.
CCS is seeking a full-time (35 hours/week) Women Support Services
Worker to be part of a service delivery team assisting immigrant and refugee women who are experiencing abuse. The position requires travelling within Peel Region.
- Provide personal support services for immigrant women experiencing domestic violence including crisis intervention and safety planning
- Build a comprehensive picture of client circumstances and develop an individual service plan in accordance with agency policy and professional standards
- Provide tailored settlement services to support older newcomer women
- Conduct group sessions in partnership with other service delivery agencies
- Develop a network of community contacts for referral; make appropriate referrals to community services
- Active outreach to newcomer women of all ages within our community
- Raise public awareness on the issues of domestic violence and abuse, empowering older women to develop support groups and peer networks and linkages between community services
- Utilize culturally appropriate, gender based lenses and networking to create cultural safety for immigrant and refugee women across communities.
- Work in collaboration with CCS Settlement Services and Transitional and Housing Support Worker Program where appropriate
- Create, maintain, and submit accurate records and documents in an appropriate and timely manner
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Diploma in the Social Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in related human services work, or equivalent
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to issues related to domestic abuse and immigrant and refugee issues
- Proven work experience in client-centered service delivery and case management
- Interview, assessment, group facilitation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation and policies
- Knowledge of child welfare system, and of available community resources and services in Peel
- Ability to work effectively with other service providers
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with participants, other agencies and the public
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting, and independently
- Previous experience using MS Office, databases and internet search engines
- Experience in data entry and the use of case management software
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Arabic
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy in data collection and reporting
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
Location: Peel Region (Mississauga) Occasional work from Brampton location as required
Salary: $52,000 to $54,000 per annum, plus benefits
Hours of Work: 35 per week, including evening and weekend hours as required
How to apply:
Please refer to CCS job portal requisition code P322 no later than Friday August 13, 2021.
Catholic Crosscultural Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No
phone calls, please.