The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 220 community-based organizations in Ontario.
The Web Coordinator is responsible primarily for the technical management of the following websites:
- NewYouth (http://newyouth.ca/)
- NouveauxJeunes (http://nouveauxjeunes.ca/)
- SettlementAtWork.Org (https://settlementatwork.org/)
- SecteurEtablissement.Org (http://www.secteuretablissement.org/)
- WelcomeOntario.ca (http://welcomeontario.ca/)
- AccueilOntario.ca (http://www.accueilontario.ca/)
This position also supports the following websites:
- Positivespaces.ca (http://positivespaces.ca/)
- LearnAtWork – e-learning sites (English and French) (http://learnatwork.ca/ and http://learnatwork.ca/)
- Orgwise.ca (http://www.orgwise.ca/)
OCASI uses a combination of custom-built ASP/.Net applications and open source CMS including WordPress and Drupal.
The Web Coordinator ensures the coding standards are met, and optimizes the web architectures for navigability and accessibility.
The position is also responsible for ensuring that code and databases are being backed up.
Reports to: Manager, IT & New Media
- Responsible for the technical management of the assigned websites
- Design of the assigned web sites
- Maintenance and enhancement of websites by adding and improving design and interactive features
- Ongoing technical and design maintenance, including minor upgrades, monitor access, bandwidth issues etc.
- Oversight of servers and Internet operations for our co-located servers
- Monitoring of systems operation
- Regular maintenance of databases as required and directed by the Senior Web Coordinator
- Liaison with subcontractors to ensure that the necessary modifications are made to the systems
- Backup of all systems for the assigned websites
- Work closely with content teams to suggest and carry out design improvements and enhancements as required
- Participation, in conjunction with the team, in the strategic planning and promotion of the sites
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong skills in installing, customizing, updating and maintaining open source software such as Drupal and WordPress
- Experienced in working with MySQL Database
- Knowledge of important SEO principles and ability to implement
- Ability to understand and contribute to functional requirements and translate them into technical design and development
Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes
- Able to continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new technologies as they emerge
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adhere to deadlines, and deliver with exceptional quality
- Analytical, systematic, and detail-oriented with strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills (written and oral French skills are desirable)
Compensation: $50,000 / year + plus benefits package
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume by April 13, 2018 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.