The xPortal is a real-time information management system, with its primary features being real-time collection, storage and retrieval of data records, and the generation of statistical reports. The Helpdesk Representative will work closely with the Manager and team to provide high quality customer services to xPortal users. The successful candidate will also be responsible for all inquiries regarding the system from Service Provider Organizations across Ontario.
Reporting to: Manager, Database Development & Services
- Answer phone calls, emails, and provide accurate answers ensuring that all inquiries are documented in the help desk database
- Resolve requests, questions and concerns frequently requiring analysis of situations to determine best use of resources
- Follow daily procedures for working with the programmers to ensure that all inquiries are addressed immediately
- Process user data entry errors to the programmers ensuring that clear information is documented
- Respond to suggestions, concerns utilizing outlined Helpdesk support procedures
- Prepare training materials and equipment for the Trainers for all training sessions or other meetings as required
- Assist in planning training sessions.
- Compile monthly reports regarding helpdesk tasks completed, outlining the average calls, user concerns and updates for programming suggestions
- Create, update and maintain statistical reports for all stakeholders where needed.
- Ensure the project tasks are maintained in a timely manner
- Any other duties as required
- Minimum Post-Secondary Education or equivalent job experience
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Internet research, and database applications
- Polished customer service skills including strong interpersonal and communication skills (English) in an helpdesk/support environment
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Must be open to learning and development, and be willing to accept new challenges and assignments
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability
Terms of Employment: Full-time Temporary
Start date: February 15, 2019
End date: May 30, 2019 (further potential pending funding)
Schedule: Mondays to Fridays 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Annual salary: $39,000 to $41,000 per annum (pro-rated)
Location: Mississauga – Sussex Centre
How to apply:
Please submit your covering letter and resume before 4:00 p.m. on Friday February 15, 2019 to:
All External Applicants please quote: EXTERNAL in subject line.
The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, TCET will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring supervisor upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. TCET will only consider complete applications. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.