Note: The position is open to full-time students aged 15-30 who are legally entitled to work in Canada and must be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred.
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership consists of 220 community-based organizations in Ontario.
The national online bilingual Community of Practice (CoP) via SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.org provides a coordinated approach to service delivery which ensures that immigrant and refugee service providers have a space to share, connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
- Helping with documentation around site (support docs, response templates) and project (meeting notes, wiki)
- Helping with site testing and QA (browser testing, etc.), including FR side
- Supporting project staff as required
- Assist with online research on existing resources that support immigrant and refugee sector practitioners
- Carry out other administrative tasks as assigned (e.g. prepare meeting agendas and minutes, etc)
- Perform duties as assigned
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
- Has an eye for detail
- Interested in tech support, customer support, quality assurance.
- Knowledge and understanding of settlement issues, barriers and information needs of Settlement practitioners
- Understanding of equity and access issues as they pertain to immigrants, refugees, newcomers and racialized communities
- Comfortable with uncertainty and fast-paced environment
- Has strong intellectual curiosity for continuously learning & growth
Compensation: $15 per hour
Duration: July 6, 2020 to August 27, 2020 @ 35 hours per week
for a maximum of 8 weeks
How to apply:
Please submit a resume by June 1, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. to:
The Hiring Committee, OCASI
(Please include Technology and Digital Services Summer Student Position in the subject heading)
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying, however considering the anticipated large number of applications, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.