With 37 years of operations, Skills for Change is a highly respected non-profit with a province-wide reputation for pioneering programs that respond to shifting immigration and workplace trends and lead to employment. Skills for Change provides multi-sited employment, job skills, career exploration through mentoring and entrepreneurship, job development, and language and settlement programs and services throughout the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Areas.
Program Nature and Scope:
The Marketing team at Skills for Change are responsible for providing logistical, creative and administrative support for client and internal events, program events and social media initiatives. The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, operational, and customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands. As well, the candidate must be comfortable interacting and working collaboratively with management and volunteers. The candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required.
Reports to: Associate Director of Employer Engagement and Program Marketing
- Create and oversee the production of all printed advertising and marketing collateral for promotions targeting employers
- Develop brochures, website pages and collateral to market SfC’s programs, events and services to employers
- Work with Manager and the Associate Director of Employer Engagement to develop corporate relations Engagement to review all signed MOUs and proposals and develop marketing and branding strategies based on employer MOU/proposal requirements and needs
- Protect the SfC brand in the creation of institutional marketing pieces. This includes, but not limited to employer engagement materials, program marketing collateral, and event marketing tools
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Associate Director, hold responsibility for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive employer engagement marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance SfC’s image and attract employer partners and the general public; facilitate internal and external communications; create all SfC marketing, communications and public relations activities targeting employers
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Associate Director
- Work directly with Associate Director to design a comprehensive digital media strategy, including developing timelines and priorities for all SfC events, as well as those with employer focus
- Take independent and creative responsibility for the Digital Media outreach with a concentration increasing client acquisition, brand awareness and partnership growth
- Maximize program events, program outreach in the social media platforms
- Develop and implement social media platforms that speak to social services work platforms to include twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Flickr, etc. Cross-pollinate said platforms with program outreach, program events, engaged employers, engaged nonprofit community partners with SfC’s branding messaging
- Responsible for comprehensive reporting tied to online conversions, lead generation and consumer web traffic
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid (4) and volunteer staff
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, discipline, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer
- Coordinate and update SfC websites and social media pages as appropriate
- Manage, create and coordinate email newsletter/announcements
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience and expertise in graphic design, social media, email and online marketing. Collaborative personality who is a team player
- Innovative and creative thinker to generate maximum exposure for SfC
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
Contract type: 5 month contract position
Hours: 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday, with occasional evening and/or weekend hours)
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by August 30, 2019 to:
Skills for Change offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in each stage of the hiring process. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. This document is available in alternate format on request.
The agency provides learning and training opportunities for immigrants, refugees and equity seeking groups to access and fully participate in the workplace and wider community to persons with disabilities to newcomers to Canada (including refugees) to Indigenous peoples to members of a visible minority to children or youth to seniors to the LGBTQ2 community.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.