OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
NOTE: To be eligible, youth must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
The summer student position provides an opportunity to create and ensure up-to-date information across multiple information and referral websites and help OCASI’s Technology and Digital Services Team by conducting content audits, quality assurance checks and improving web accessibility across those websites.
Specific Position Duties
• Using online tools provided, research accessibility best practices and assist team members with the identification and resolution of content issues across multiple websites, including
outdated information, broken links, and web accessibility issues
• Knowledge and understanding of web accessibility issues
• Knowledge and understanding of settlement issues, barriers and information needs of newcomers
• Demonstrated sensitivity to other cultures and ability to outreach to newcomer communities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills, able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to work independently, to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
• Demonstrated ability in editing website content or web development
• Bilingual (French) is an asset
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with Summer Student – IT & Digital Services in the title by June 11th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. OCASI hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.