Summer Program Worker - (Short Term - Seasonal)
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Settlement Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
We are delivering an online innovative Summer Program geared to current Language Training clients and other learners of English, with an emphasis on language learning activities, leadership development, job preparation, family activities and community engagement. We are currently looking for a Summer Program Worker to oversee and lead its full implementation who will collaborate with LEF Staff, volunteers, community members and clients in the planning and coordination of the Summer Program.
- Implementing a marketing/outreach/promotion strategy to engage clients, staff and community
- Connecting with participants over the phone or through Zoom/MS Teams to determine their wants, interests, and needs
- Communicating with clients, LEF staff, and community members to determine areas of skills, interest & availability to participate and lead group activities
- Assisting with coordinating team members and volunteers to plan and administer daily routines of English Language class and workshops
- Overseeing the delivery of group online activities, including logistics and clients’ participation
- Adapting and revising program in accordance with the current situation, changing needs of clients, determined by ongoing evaluation, surveys, focus groups and direct feedback
- Supporting workshop facilitators as needed
- Working in compliance with all LEF health and safety policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills and good command of English
- Excellent technical, computer, and online skills and ability to adapt to new technology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) or equivalent
- Previous experience facilitating and/or co-facilitating workshops online, or willingness to learn
- Knowledge and experience with using common computer applications and web-based tools including social media (i.e., Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Experience developing and facilitating group activities, tools, and materials
- Willingness to pioneer new projects and use creative thinking as part of daily work
- Understanding of outreach, promotion, and online marketing tools
- Experience in outreach and mobilizing participants and guest speakers for group activities
- Ability to pro-actively work in an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility and adaptability to the changing environment
- Must be able to work from a home office with the flexibility to attend to LEF offices when required
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered, applications must be received by
Posting Date: April 12, 2021
Closing Date: April 26, 2021
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The successful applicant will need to be available on an intermittent basis for 12 weeks from June 7th to August 27th, 2019.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labour COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.