COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER OUTREACH WORKER FOR ITS BRAMPTON LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position part of Canada Summer Jobs program scheduled to work 35 hours per week
• Research potential outreach catchment areas.
• Conduct an environmental scan to identify potential outreach opportunities in the community.
• Conduct outreach and partnership development with various community partners.
• Assist the staff with providing presentations in the community
• Promote ELT services in the community to eligible clients
• Establish and maintain relationships with other community agencies
• Assist the program staff with Service coordination with other agencies to meet community needs and facilitate access to language and settlement services to clients
• Assist in preparing social media posts and other written documentation of program activities and outcomes.
• Assist in preparing flyers and outreach packages.
• Assist in promoting programs and services via social media.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker or Administrative Program.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.