COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OUTREACH COUNSELLOR FOR ITS VAUGHAN EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position, part of Canada Summer Jobs, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Outreach to the online un-employed community.
• Assist with online facilitation.
• Research employment related information to incorporate in to the curriculum.
• Provides administrative and clerical support
• Provides quality customer service to clients and staff in person, e-mail or by telephone.
• Responsible for client on-line registrations, processes applications and responds to client’s enquiries in a timely manner.
• Provides information and appropriate referral.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker or Administrative Program.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.