COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER CLINICAL COUNSELLOR ASSISTANT FOR ITS FAMILY AND MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work 30 hours per week
• Responds to clients calling in to request counselling services.
• Completes initial screening and redirects to other resources when appropriate
• In a crisis situation will ensure the client is connected to a clinical counsellor as soon as possible.
• Completes the registration form and is available to the client for follow-up during wait period until a counsellor contacts the client for the initial assessment.
• Assists group leaders in preparing material for group sessions and supports the group leader in facilitating group sessions.
• Assists with administrative duties as necessary including answering phones and directing clients
• Attends weekly team meetings and/or peer consultations
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year.
• Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in Bachelor of Social Work with practicum experience in clinical setting.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
LOCATION: 1700 Wilson Ave., Toronto
DURATION: June 4, 2018 to July 27, 2018
STARTING SALARY: $14.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: May 15, 2018
CLOSING DATE: May 29, 2018
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #77-18, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: email@example.com Fax: 416.658.8537