Delta Family is seeking (8) diverse (in age, gender, and ethnicity) summer camp counselors to plan and facilitate summer camp activities for youth. Program plans will include engagement of marginalized youth, diverse activities online and in-person.
Requirement & Responsibilities:
- Develop summer camp program that include virtual and in-person programming.
- Engage in the development, coordination, implementation and outreach for the Summer Camp Program.
- Engage youth in various activities Arts & Crafts; writing; Self-Care; Financial Literacy; Fitness & Wellness
• Conduct outreach with community partners and engage guest speakers on a variety of leadership topics.
- Provide mentoring for children in program
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children, and youth part of the program
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Youth must be aged 15 to 30 as of the start date
- Have a valid SIN
- Be PR or Canadian citizens
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use social media platforms to increase engagement
- Familiarity with the issues currently facing racialized youth
- Languages other than English an asset
- Familiarity with local programs an asset
- The successful candidate will be required to have/obtain a current vulnerable sector Reference Check (can be obtained upon offer of position)
Remuneration: $15.00/ per hour
Deadline: June 13th, 2022
How to apply:
Please note that Delta Family is an equal opportunity employer and will make every effort to
accommodate the needs of candidates through the selection process. Please let us know in advance if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Regretfully, only short-listed candidates will be contacted