COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER ASSISTANT, SOCIAL SERVICES FOR ITS REFUGEE DIVISION IN CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES (CSS) PROGRAM
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position, part of Canada Summer Jobs program, scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Work closely with COSTI’s Client Support Services’ Case Worker to ensure well –coordinated delivery of services and avoid duplication and client confusion.
• Provide translation and interpretation and /or translation if applicable/as needed.
• Seek out additional support for families as required in coordination with CSS worker.
• Develop and update client progress report to be reviewed by the CSS Assistant Manager and determine either continuation of support or to terminate and graduate the GAR families or individuals.
• Upon request of CSS Management connect with previous GAR clients and conduct exit interviews.
• Compile regular client progress report for submission to program assistant manager.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker diploma/ degree program.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.