OCISO - Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
About Refugee 613:
Refugee 613 is an agile and innovative communications hub that informs, connects and inspires people to welcome refugees and build strong communities. Created by a network of volunteers, settlement agencies, sponsorship groups and community partners, we are an independent, non-partisan, grassroots effort. OCISO is the host agency for Refugee 613.
The Stakeholder Liaison Assistant will provide key support to Refugee 613 in its mission to support the integration of refugees in Ottawa. Specifically, the majority of this position will be dedicated to supporting the work of our Digital Messaging for Settlement and Integration (DMSI) team, including four national partners, to ensure efficient and effective workflow and communications. In addition, this role will support Refugee 613’s local partnerships and outreach work.
Reports to: Director, Refugee 613
- Provide support for the day-to-day activities of the DMSI detailed project workplan
- Provide administrative support to the implementation of the DMSI communications strategy, including development of newsletters, convening meetings and liaising with content creators to develop project dissemination tools
- Support the maintenance of stakeholder databases and stakeholder engagement relevant to DMSI and Refugee 613 collaborations
- Assist with planning and executing events, including training and workshops for DMSI partners, Refugee 613 community partners, private refugee sponsors and the general public
- Support community outreach by providing information and referrals to partners and the general public
- Compile and design newsletters and other resources to connect community partners, sponsors and the general public to information, services and opportunities
- Perform other tasks as required, including meeting coordination and correspondence
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect approach
- Post-secondary or graduate degree in relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, including: listening, building trust, responding to concerns, conflict resolution and cultural competency
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding time-management skills
- Demonstrated experience managing implementation details and workflow
- Experience planning and delivering learning and social events
- Experience in working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task and work independently
- Advanced verbal and written knowledge of English required; verbal and written fluent proficiency in French an asset. Proficiency will be verified at the interview stage
- Proficiency with the full MS Office Suite, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Term: September 2019 - March 31, 2020 (35hrs/week)
Salary: $23 - $25 per hour (commensurate with experience)
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume:
- A cover letter, maximum 250 words, with the following file name: NAME_StakeholderLiaisonAssistant__CoverLetter
- A resume with the following file name: NAME_StakeholderLiaisonAssistant_Resume
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the H.R. Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.