The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to facilitate the well-being of diversified communities through social services. The mission of TCCSA is to enhance the well-being and resilience of diverse communities by strengthening competencies and fostering participation through effective and professional human services.
TCCSA is seeking a full-time Settlement Worker – Ukrainian Speaking to support Ukrainian newcomers in Canada, particularly women, to deliver settlement support in a culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate welcoming environment. In addition to regular activities such as initial needs assessment and information & orientation, the Worker will work collaboratively with other TCCSA services as well as various institutions and community stakeholders to ensure that clients are able to access the resources they need, such as employment, parenting, education and housing.
The details of this job posting are listed as follows:
Job Title: Settlement Worker – Ukrainian-Speaking
File #: 13-22
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week (required to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
Location: TCCSA York Centre
Closing Date: August 16, 2022
Salary Range: $50,680 per annum - $51,694 per annum
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• To plan, organize, facilitate, implement and evaluate program activities for Ukrainian newcomers and their families to connect them with their new community in their settlement and integration process;
• To provide needs assessment, information and orientation services to Ukrainian newcomer
• To provide holistic case management and client-centred supportive counselling to newcomers and their families by conducting client need assessments, information and orientation services, and personalized settlement plans;
• To facilitate appropriate internal and external referrals to a variety of community supports based on client needs and circumstances and provide supportive follow-up services;
• To keep abreast of the needs of and extend outreach to newcomers and their families;
• To facilitate access to needed services and resources where there are barriers due to language, culture and race by providing interpretation or translation;
• To monitor program activities, budget and expenses as directed;
• To keep and maintain records in a timely and professional manner;
• To update the agency clients’ database (OCMS), report all relevant data into iCARE on a regular basis;
• To prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports as required;
• To ensure programs and services are culturally sensitive to service recipients, and support unit goals;
• To ensure program and service contents are relevant to funders’ priorities and newcomers’ settlement needs;
• To establish and maintain excellent service quality for clients;
• To positively represent TCCSA and promote programs and services in the community;
• To keep the team updated on all new information and be cooperative in the maintenance of information by tracking government policies and community resources in order to effectively inform and refer clients;
• To attend internal/external meetings as required;
• To establish and maintain excellent working relationship and communication with internal and external groups to provide service to special newcomer groups;
• To work in all four TCCSA locations (Downtown, Mississauga, Markham, Scarborough) as assigned, and any other location as the Association expands;
• To perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• University degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or a related discipline;
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in the settlement and/or community service is required;
• Understanding about the Ukrainian community and experience working with individuals who have experienced trauma;
• Excellent knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultural and social backgrounds of communities, including newcomer/refugee/at-risk/low-income individuals and families;
• Understanding of, and sensitivity to the needs of newcomers in the various ethnic communities in York Region;
• Be innovative and knowledgeable and experienced in program design, activity organization, group facilitation and community outreach;
• Excellent knowledge of government and community resources;
• Effective communication skills to work with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds;
• Demonstrated interview, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy in data collection and reporting;
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrated teamwork experience and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders;
• Proficiency in written and spoken English and fluency in Ukrainian is required;
• Proficiency with OCMS, MS Office, Google Services and social media that facilitate work, communication and online marketing, knowledge in graphic software is an asset;
• Confident and experienced in virtual service delivery is an asset;
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Proof of a clear “Vulnerable Sector Screening” with a local police service is mandatory;
• Able to travel in the GTA, has a valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a car is an asset.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com by August 16, 2022 before 4:00 pm.
Applicants should quote file #13-22 Settlement Worker – Ukrainian-Speaking on the application.
We thank you to all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Regrettably, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.