The Catholic Crosscultural Services requires a Settlement Worker (Temporary Full Time Contract for 3-6 weeks).
Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. To this end, CCS is seeking one full-time Settlement Worker to provide settlement information and referral services to immigrants and refugees in the Region of Toronto to aid in their settlement and integration into the community.
- Provide settlement counselling services, including assessment, information and orientation at CCS offices and other community partner locations
- Use initial assessment of newcomers to develop personalized settlement plans
- Provide case management and supportive follow-up
- Facilitate appropriate internal/external referrals to services required by clients that are not provided by the program
- Organize, plan and facilitate group sessions as required by contract and are in line by client needs
- Develop and implement community outreach plans to promote CCS programs and services
- Actively participate in regular team and regional meetings
- Maintain and update all client information in the OCMS database
- Prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports as required
- Meet all program goals as assigned
- Settlement Counselling diploma or equivalent training in the human services field
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the settlement and/or community work sectors
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities
- Demonstrated crosscultural communication skills with participants, other agencies and the public
- Interview, assessment, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of community resources and services in Toronto Region
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with community partners
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting, and independently
- Ability to work productively in a MS Office environment
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Written and verbal fluency in either Bengali, Tigrinya, Spanish, French is preferred but not necessary
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy in data entry/ collection and reporting
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
Hours: 35 per week, occasional evenings and weekends as required
Salary: $28.48 per hour plus 4% vacation
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume quoting file #T301 no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 7, 2018 to:
Catholic Crosscultural Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.