Parkdale Intercultural Association (PIA) requires a Settlement Worker Hungarian-Speaking.
- Manage Client needs-assessment, goal setting and service planning
- Provide One-on-one settlement assistance/counselling to families and individuals; assist in providing needs assessment and referrals to appropriate service provider
- Perform daily intake tasks that facilitate client service activities, such as forms-completion, document interpretation/translation and support client advocacy vis-à-vis service and settlement agencies
- Help conduct outreach activities while promoting our services to the target group and expediting the project service delivery
- Coordinate, develop, and help to facilitate community meetings, events, presentations and workshops regarding newcomer settlement adjustment services
- Participate in community development and other activities that facilitate community engagement and introductions to information and social networks
- Assist in PIA service coordination with other service providers to meet community needs and facilitate client access to settlement, language training, employment and other community services
- Manage and collate daily statistical records and intake documentation files and assist by providing regular reports to the Settlement Manager when required
- Follow program targets, reporting protocols, agency policies and mandate
- Participate in regular staff meetings, professional training sessions and case management briefing meetings
- Professional degree/certificate of completion of studies in Social Services, Social Work (BSW) or settlement-related studies
- Candidate must have good understanding of all aspects of newcomer/settlement issues and needs of the target community. Must demonstrate an awareness of the multi-cultural diversity and social-economic factors affecting newcomers settling within Parkdale
- Must have proven competence in the delivery of settlement services and good knowledge of the range of community services provided within Parkdale and Toronto in general
- Resourceful. Requires a minimal level of task supervision; must be able to work independently yet contribute to a supportive and cooperative environment with colleagues and clients
- Must have practical awareness of the programs, resources, and services now available to serve newcomers and newly-established Canadians
- Must have demonstrated familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and email software systems
- Must have good time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize numerous tasks with minimal supervision
- Must have some training in conflict resolution and community safety intervention skills
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven fluency in Hungarian and English is required
- Child Abuse Registry clearance, a Criminal Record Check and medical Health Certification are conditions of employment.
Report to: Settlement Manager.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours weekly (Including evenings and weekends as scheduled) Duties and Responsibilities:
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume by Monday, May 14th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Tsering Thonsur, Settlement Manager
Parkdale Intercultural Association (PIA)
1257 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON, M6K 1L5
Appreciate the interest of all applicants, we must advise that only those candidates who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted and invited for an interview meeting. The management of the PIA reserve the right to make a final selection within the posting period or long before the deadline of Monday, May 14th, 2018.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.