(March 2021 – May 2022)
“You know that Canadian culture and economy is rich because of our diversity, and you understand the challenges faced by newcomers in settling and integrating in a new country. You are looking for the opportunity to use your empathy, resourcefulness, superior customer service and bi-lingual/multi-lingual skills to make a meaningful impact in the lives of new immigrants and refugees. You thrive in an inclusive environment where you can see the difference that you are making in your clients, their families, and the community.”
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. To this end, CCS is seeking one Settlement Worker in Mississauga, to provide settlement information and referral services to immigrants and refugees in the Region of Peel to aid in their settlement and integration into the community. The position works from established offsite locations within the community however, all CCS staff are currently working from home due to the current COVID circumstances until further notice.
- Provide client-centered settlement counselling services, including assessment, information and orientation at CCS offices and other community partner locations.
- Use initial assessment of newcomers to develop personalized settlement plans.
- Provide case management and supportive follow-up.
- Facilitate appropriate internal/external referrals to services required by clients that are not provided by the program.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with host agencies, and build partnerships with other service providers to connect clients with appropriate resources.
- Organize, plan, facilitate group sessions as required by contract, and are in line by client needs.
- Develop and implement community outreach plans to promote CCS programs and services.
- Actively participate in regular team and regional meetings.
- Maintain and update all client information in the OCMS database.
- Prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports as required.
- Meet all program goals as assigned.
- Other related duties as required.
- Social Work degree or Settlement Counselling diploma from recognized institution or equivalent training in Human Services field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the settlement and/or community work sectors.
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities.
- Demonstrated crosscultural communication skills with participants, other agencies and the public.
- Interview, assessment, group facilitation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and services in Peel Region.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting, and independently.
- Previous experience using MS Office, databases and internet search engine with ability to work productively in a remote/virtual environment.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu languages required.
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy in data entry/ collection and reporting.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
Hours: 21 per week, occasional evenings and weekends as required
Salary: $29.34 per hour
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
Please submit cover letter and resume quoting file # P170 no later than Friday March 05 to email: firstname.lastname@example.org