Settlement Worker- Arabic Speaking
“You know that Canadian culture and economy are rich because of our diversity, and you understand the challenges faced by newcomers in settling and integrating in a new country. You are looking for the opportunity to use your empathy, resourcefulness, superior customer service and bilingual/multi-lingual skills to make a meaningful impact in the lives of new immigrants and refugees. You thrive in an inclusive environment where you can see the difference that you are making in your clients, their families, and the community.”
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. To this end, CCS is seeking one on-going full-time Settlement Worker with an Arabic language requirement to provide settlement information and referral services to immigrants and refugees in the Region of Toronto to aid in their settlement and integration into the community.
· Provide settlement counselling services, including assessment, information and orientation at CCS offices and other community partner locations.
· Use initial assessment of newcomers to develop personalized settlement plans.
· Provide case management and supportive follow-up.
· Facilitate appropriate internal/external referrals to services required by clients that are not provided by the program.
· Organize, plan and facilitate group sessions to address diverse clients’ needs.
· Provide online assessment, information and orientation
· Develop and implement community outreach plans to promote CCS programs and services.
· Actively participate in regular team and regional meetings.
· Maintain and update all client information in the OCMS database.
· Prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports as required.
· Meet all program goals as assigned.
· Settlement Counselling diploma or equivalent training in the human services field.
· Minimum of 1 years’ work experience in the settlement and/or community work sectors.
· Interview, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge of community resources and services in the Toronto Region
· Experience with the development of materials targeting diverse groups and in multiple formats
· Familiarity with delivering services virtually including training in a web-based environment
· Understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting immigrant and refugee communities.
· Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with clients, other agencies and the public.
· Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with community partners.
· Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting, and independently.
· Excellent ability to work productively in an MS Office environment.
· Excellent oral and written English skills.
· Written and verbal fluency in Arabic
· Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy in data entry/ collection and reporting.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings.
· Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
Compensation: $27.16 - $28.65 hourly (based on experience)
Hours: 35 hours per week/ occasional evenings and weekend as required
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T396 no later than January 25, 2023.
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.