The incumbent will serve as a consultant, trainer and coach for all Salvation Army Church and Family Services Ministries in the GTA that welcome or serve newcomers. We will offer and facilitate information sessions, workshops and professional development events, on subjects that involve multiculturalism, immigrants and immigration.
• Complete Client intakes, students registration and assessments according to Policies & Procedures
• Refer clients to IRS staff according to area of need (Education, Chaplaincy, Immigration, other).Provide settlement services, including information, orientation and assistance to The Salvation Army Ministry Units, IRS clients and students
• Provide IRS program orientation to all new students.
• Provide appropriate referrals, as required
• Liaise with Salvation Army ministries, settlement and mainstream organizations and government departments for up-to-date program and service information related to client needs
• Assist in IRS events
• Organize monthly Settlement Information Sessions
• Create, manage and update content related to the program for social media accounts.
• Able to work in a Christian organization and to promote the goals of the Salvation Army, IRS mission and program.
• Acts as a liaison between the Salvation Army church and the clients to assist individuals in achieving personal and spiritual well-being.
• Update CMS data on a daily basis.
• Submit timely monthly statistical reports.
• Updating and maintaining Settlement Binder
• Keep resource information up-to-date, maintaining bulletin board and handouts
• Supervise program teachers
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
• Social Service Worker Diploma or relevant university degree
• Minimum 1 year settlement employment experience in a multicultural environment
• Familiarity with GTA community & social services
• Familiar with current Immigration legislation, forms, processes, policies and procedures
• Strong verbal and written communication in English
• Creative, self-motivated, good organizational skills, and able to motivate others
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to team work
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Fluency (verbal and written) in a second language (preference of Arabic, Russian, Farsi)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (excel, word, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of Social Media platforms
• Acquired skills in email and internet applications
• Experience with data bases
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Cross-Cultural Conflict Resolution Certificates would be an asset
• Must be supportive of the mission of The Salvation Army and Immigrant & Refugee Services
• Comfort working collaboratively in a Christian Ministry environment
HOURS: 35 hours per week, may include evening and weekend work
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume by email to Director Employee Relations, and include in the subject line “Settlement Worker” to: firstname.lastname@example.org Internal applicants are asked to advise their supervisor of their interest in applying.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE