OCISO supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
To deliver settlement and case management services to immigrant and refugee clients exhibiting a multiplicity of barriers to successful settlement such as mental and physical health conditions, domestic violence experience, post migration crisis, low language ability and low life skills.
- Provide information, education and consultation to clients facing multiple challenges in order to facilitate their settlement and integration either on an individual basis or through group workshops
- Connecting clients to needed resources and provide support to meet the goals stated in a mutually developed case plan
- Provide access to qualified and consistent psychosocial supports
- Ensure high standards of cultural and linguistic service delivery within an anti-racism and anti-oppression policy network
- Facilitate problem solving in situations where services are limited or unavailable due to linguistic and cultural barriers
- Facilitate and promote the integration of immigrants through provision of a wide range of services which incorporates cultural considerations and migration experience
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Promote settlement services and other OCISO’s services and programs within the community
- Inform, sensitize and educate service providers in the community and public at large on immigrant and refugee issues and cross-cultural practices through presentations, case conferencing, workshop delivery, consultations, attending committee meetings, events and training opportunities, agency fairs and media
- Maintain high level of professional standards and practice through professional development and theoretically informed interventions
- Keep informed on most current and relevant information, policies and regulations to provide accurate information to clients
- Maintain professional relationships within and outside OCISO to ensure optimal service to clients
- Bachelor degree in social work or social sciences, and three years related work experience
- Familiarity with issues related to the settlement and integration of immigrants and refugees
- In depth knowledge of community resources
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders including community representatives
- Excellent facilitation, cross-cultural communication and problem solving skills
- Proven to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English and Arabic - essential, French is an asset
- Proficiency with computer applications including the MS Office Suite, Internet Search Engines, Database Programs
Salary & Benefits: $43,600 – $47,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement
Application Deadline: August 14, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by August 14, 2019 before 5:00 p.m. to:
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the H.R. Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be conducted.