Rexdale Women’s Centre
Job Posting Details – Internal/External
Employer: Rexdale Women's Centre
Job term: Full-time (35 hours), Contract
Job region: Greater Toronto Area
Job city: Toronto (Etobicoke)
Deadline: November 18, 2021
Rexdale Women's Centre requires a French-Speaking Settlement Counsellors to work with newcomers.
The Rexdale Women’s Centre is a voluntary non-profit organization that provides a variety of services and programs to refugee and immigrant women and their families in a culturally sensitive, non-discriminatory, and supportive environment where women and their families work together to provide for their own well being. Reports to: Program Coordinator.
• Provide information, referral and access counselling with regard to services such as health, housing, employment, training and education, legal aid, finance, social services, and immigration,
• Assist clients in understanding and integrating into Canadian society, practices and procedures, way of life/life skills, institutions, laws, healthy eating etc,
• Act as a liaison between clients, government departments and cultural/community groups
• Assist in the development and implementation of innovative programs and services relevant to the community that promotes access and equity and that will assist in the integration of refugees, immigrants, and their families,
• Plan and facilitate educational workshops/groups on settlement issues,
• Document needs and gaps in services for newcomers,
• Conduct community outreach to “hard-to-reach communities” and ensure maximum visibility of programs and services offered at the Centre to target groups,
• Encourage volunteer participation; stimulate community discussion, support, and network with those professional groups of similar interest to the targeted community and to work cooperatively in a staff team to advance the programs, services, and work of the centre,
• Prepare regular reports; maintain effective documentation and other administrative requirements relevant to this position,
• University degree, College diploma or post-secondary education in a relevant human services field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• 1-3 years experience assisting newcomers with settlement issues,
• Group Facilitation and workshop preparation skills,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French languages.
• Experience working with newcomers/immigrants, unemployed/underemployed, and socially isolated women,
• Understanding of barriers faced by Francophone immigrants and newcomers.
• Well-developed and professional skills in the areas of facilitation/educational curriculum delivery, and volunteer development and supervision.
• Knowledge and ability to articulate an analysis of domestic violence as it is related to gender roles, socialization, the dynamics of power and control, and the effects of abuse on women and children,
• Above average computer skills and knowledge of MS Office, email, Internet and data entry.
This is a contract position, scheduled to work 35 hours per week (with evening and/or some weekend work).
Start date: November 29, 2021
RWC is an equal opportunity employer and subscribe to the Ontario Human Rights Act.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in the position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RWC has a Mandatory Vaccine Policy for employees, volunteers and contractors.
How to Apply: DEADLINE: November 18, 2021
Email Resumes to:email@example.com