The Mennonite New Life Centre of Toronto is a vibrant, multi-cultural settlement agency for newcomers to Canada. The Centre provides settlement and employment services, language instruction and child-minding, mental health supports and capacity building workshops.
The Settlement Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, in coordination with the Settlement Program Manager, the day-to-day operations in addition to funder report writing, training delivery, data analysis, statistics, iCARE file uploading, and provide one-on-one client support. The Settlement Coordinator upholds MNLCT values in providing services to all MNLCT stakeholders including prospective and existing participants, funders, committee members, staff and contractors of MNLCT, employers and community members.
This position is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and is dependent upon contribution funding. This position will report directly to the Settlement Program Manager.
- Keep internal cross-program communication to guarantee that all stakeholders receive consistent and current information about MNLCT programming
- Provide one-on-one case management and follow-up services which are critical to supporting positive client outcomes
- Prepare and submit statistical and progress reports to supervisor
- Gather and analyze relevant statistical data to be added to funder reports, as required by supervisor; · Monitor, manage and meet monthly counselling and workshop targets
- Track program targets, keep constant communication with Settlement Workers, provide ongoing training, and address the importance of outcome achievement
- Input of assessment data, case consultation, and follow-up notes using in-house forms and data management tools
- Develop program-related materials and contribute to their circulation and distribution
- Participate in regular program, team and organizational meetings
- Organize, plan, develop and evaluate group sessions based upon relevant topics relating to client interests and needs
- Group facilitation to be provided both on-site and itinerantly when required
- Deliver one-on-one services in MNLCT locations and itinerant locations as required throughout the GTA
- Represent MNLCT in a variety of networking events/environments when required
- Participate in LIP (Local Immigration Partnership) Action Groups as needed
- Participate and/or organize two public events annually showcasing settlement activities
- Participate in two MNLCT Staff Committees
- Support supervisor with the day-to-day operations and ensure the delivery of quality services
- Track iCARE Validation/uploading and OCMS registration on a weekly basis
- Work collaboratively with all MNLCT stakeholders including other MNLCT Programs
- Participate in, as required and needed, program teams and all staff meetings
- Support and assist with planning of organizational events
- Represent the MNLCT at external workshops and meetings
- Relevant post-secondary degree and/or 3 to 5 years’ experience in the area of Human/Social Services
- 2 years of experience in project management, preferably within the non-profit sector
- Understanding and critical analysis of challenges and systemic barriers to integration for newcomers
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and advocate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Passion for people and social justice. Empathy, cultural sensitivity and anti-oppression approach
- Experience and success with staff supervision
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
Status: Part-time (21 hours)
Salary/Rate: $28.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter in a single MS Word or PDF. Quote, reference #SC2019 in the subject heading of your email to:
The Mennonite New Life Centre is committed to employment equity initiatives. We encourage applicants from the communities we serve and members of ethno-racial, aboriginal, immigrant, refugee, LGBT and disabled community groups to apply and self-identify. Internal and external candidates may apply.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.