COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
Senior Level Enterprise Systems Administration:
- Deploy, automate, maintain, monitor, and optimize, to ensure high availability of all IT software and hardware systems, comprising the following:
- Windows Server 2019, 2016, and 2012 R2, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange 2016, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Skype for Business Server, Hyper-V, MS System Centre
- LAN and WAN, including Firewalls, Enterprise Switches, Wireless Access Points, and VPN Technology (SSTP, IPsec, Key Management, Client & Site-to-site and remote access solutions), VoIP, storage, and peripherals.
- Implementation, maintenance, improvement, enforcement, and audit of systems and infrastructure security (vulnerability scans, penetration testing, etc.), security procedures and protocols
- Diagnose and resolve incidents; Identify root causes of issues to prevent recurrences. Performance metrics and services monitoring of all systems and software; Continuously monitor logs and regularly perform system health checks
- Create, manage, test, monitor, improve, maintain system and data backups, document restoration procedures, and contribute to disaster recovery procedures for all critical systems
- Conducts annual disaster recovery exercises
Design, Planning & Supervision:
- Design, and plan and implement deployments of new installations of business applications (MS Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business) and systems; Analyze, plan, configure, and deploy upgrades of business applications and systems
- Author and maintain detailed systems and DR documentation including development changes and modifications. Maintain accurate server and enterprise software inventory
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, services and best practices; recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure
- Develop, administer, maintain, and refine policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems
- Supervise and coordinate IT team activities and implementation of IT projects.
- Minimum of four (4) years of Senior level systems administration experience and advanced understanding of all Windows Platforms, Active Directory Architecture and Group Policy, PowerShell, Exchange, SharePoint, IIS, Skype for Business, SQL Server, server virtualization (Hyper-V, VM Manager), System Centre, Operations Manager
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent with relevant work experience
- High level ability in PowerShell scripting is a must. (Candidates invited to an interview will be asked to complete a script-writing test.)
- Strong ability to maintain a working knowledge of current & future technologies; capacity and desire for continued, independent learning
- Ability to perform complex problem diagnosis, and make decisions and/or present solutions
- Advanced knowledge of the OSI model, network protocols such as BGP, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, and in-depth knowledge in support and management of Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) architecture (SSTP, IPsec) and network equipment (IDS, routers, switches), Wireless Access Points
- Advanced knowledge of backup and DR protocols, hardware, and systems
- Recent and significant experience planning, organizing and implementing assigned work, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, monitor, and work autonomously on a number of responsibilities
- Driven, self-starting, meticulous, detail oriented, honest, ethical, positive and trustworthy attitude
- Desire to work in a team environment, ability to mentor team members
- Working knowledge of RouterOS and MIKROTIK routers is a definite asset
- Excellent command of English, strong verbal and written communication skills
This is a full time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
Start date: March 9, 2020
Starting salary range: $77,079 to 83,809 per annum + Benefits
Location: 760 College St. Toronto ON
How to apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference # 10-20 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.