COSTI REQUIRES A SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR FOR ITS IT DEPARTMENT
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
Senior Level Enterprise Systems Administration:
• Deploy, automate, maintain, migrate, monitor, and optimize, to ensure high availability of all IT software and hardware systems, comprising the following:
o Windows Server, Active Directory / AzureAD, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Dynamics NAV, Hyper-V virtualization, MS System Centre, Office365, public and private cloud infrastructure architecture and configuration.
o LAN and WAN, including Firewalls, Enterprise Switches, Wireless Access Points, PK Infrastructure, VoIP, storage, and peripherals.
• Implementation, maintenance, improvement, enforcement, and audit of systems and infrastructure security (vulnerability scans, penetration testing, etc.), security procedures and protocols.
• Diagnose and resolve incidents; Identify root causes of issues to prevent recurrences. Performance metrics and services monitoring of all systems and software; Continuously monitor logs and regularly perform system health checks.
• Create, manage, test, monitor, improve, maintain system and data backups, document restoration procedures, and contribute to disaster recovery procedures for all critical systems;
• Conducts annual disaster recovery exercises.
Design, Planning & Supervision:
• Design, plan, document, and implement deployments of new installations of business applications and systems, on premise and in the cloud; Analyze, plan, configure, and deploy upgrades of business applications and systems; Automation of processes.
• Author and maintain detailed systems and DR documentation including development changes and modifications. Maintain accurate server and enterprise software inventory.
• Research and evaluate emerging technologies, services and best practices; recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure.
• Develop, administer, maintain, and refine policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
• Lead and coordinate IT team activities and implementation of IT projects.
• Minimum of five (5) years of advanced systems administration experience and understanding of all Windows Platforms, Active Directory Architecture and Group Policy, PowerShell, Exchange, SharePoint, IIS, Skype for Business, SQL Server, server virtualization, System Centre, Microsoft O365 Hybrid environment, remote endpoint management tools.
• Post-Secondary Diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or equivalent with relevant work experience.
• High level ability in PowerShell scripting is a must. (Candidates invited to an interview will be asked to complete a script-writing test.)
• Strong ability to maintain a working knowledge of current & future technologies; capacity and desire for continued, independent learning.
• Ability to perform complex problem diagnosis, and make decisions and/or present solutions
• Advanced knowledge of the OSI model, network protocols such as BGP, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, and in-depth knowledge in support and management of Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) architecture (SSTP, IPsec) and network equipment (IDS, routers, switches), Wireless Access Points. Working knowledge of RouterOS and MIKROTIK routers is a definite asset.
• Ability to investigate and troubleshoot complex issues
• Advanced knowledge of backup and DR protocols, hardware, and systems.
• Recent and significant experience planning, organizing and implementing assigned work, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, monitor, and work autonomously on a number of responsibilities.
• Driven, self-starting, meticulous, detail oriented, honest, ethical, positive and trustworthy attitude.
• Highly disciplined in managing multiple projects and is able to prioritize activities and give guidance to intermediate level personnel.
• Excellent command of English, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters,
by clicking on the below link: