The Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates response to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. OCASI’s membership is comprised of over 230 community-based organizations in Ontario.
The Manager, Finance & Administration is responsible for furthering OCASI’s mission and principles by setting and meeting annual revenue targets, coordinating financial reporting/administration and overseeing overall operations of the organization. This position has a leadership role in developing projects and proposals for grants and contracts and for administering grants and contracts received. The Senior Manager works closely and collaboratively with the Council’s external accounting firm.
- Develops and manages, in collaboration with the Executive Director, the organization’s government and non-government revenue generation plan.
- Identifies potential sources of funding, conceives of projects and programs, and in collaboration with other mangers develops funding proposals and applications for submission to funding sources. Liaises with funding bodies. Ensures contract compliance.
- Sets annual revenue targets by developing annual budgets for review. Monitors the budget and provides information on variances and funds availability. Advises the Executive Director and Board of Directors on investments. Works with the Board’s Finance Committee.
- Regularly reviews and recommends changes in operating policies where necessary to maintain adherence to applicable standards, laws or acts.
- Oversees management of the organization’s general ledger and financial reporting and provides timely information to the Bookkeeper.
- Coordinates the annual financial audit with the organization’s external auditors. Prepares financial statements for use by Senior Management, The Board of Directors’ and yearly statements for External Audit.
- Provides guidance and supervision to the Senior Coordinator of finance and administration and the Administrative Assistant.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team in the organization’s strategic planning, overall direction, day-to-day organizational management, and revenue generation.
- Manages the consistent application of the Personnel Policy and Procedures. Oversees the training program design and the progress of interns and trainees. Provides guidance and advice on Human Resource matters.
- Overseas the general administration of the agency including leases, contract administration, personnel records, insurance program, benefits program and Payroll
- Completion of the CPA Designation (candidates close to completion will be considered)
- Five (5) years relevant skills and experience in a similar role and/or in the non-profit sector.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter by September 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying. However, we regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.