COSTI REQUIRES A SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST FOR ITS HEAD OFFICE
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a full-time non-union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
• Responsible for Agency budgets preparation. Works with managers to compile, review and finalize each program and cost centre budget.
• Prepares agency monthly variance analysis report and identifies issues requiring management attention.
• Liaises with auditors and responsible for year-end closing and financial audit. Prepares schedules and reports as directed, provides auditors with appropriate information.
• Prepares budget for grant applications, interim reports and program audits.
• Designs/responsible for NAV account schedule and Questica (audit statements, funders, HR and payroll) reports as required.
• Reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares journal entries and generates monthly financial reports as required.
• Back up for annual cash flow forecast, specific government reports and payroll process.
• Responsible for maintaining Chart of Accounts/Dimensions, bank cards, NAV users permissions and EWA users’ permissions set up.
• Responsible for addressing NAV financial model and WebApps bugs and Liaison with NAV partner. Also responsible for Questica system maintenance.
• Work with Finance team, establish/document financial model workflow, including WebApps financial area.
• Works with another Senior Financial Analyst and responsible for system upgrades.
• Supervises one to three junior finance staff.
• Back up for another SFA responsibilities.
• Other Ad hoc duties as required.
• Designated CPA, CGA, CMA or equivalent education.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis, auditing, budgeting and accounting in a medium-sized organization. Experience in a non-profit or charitable environment preferred but not essential.
• A minimum 2 years supervision experience.
• High level of critical and logical thinking and reasoning to identify underlying principles and facts.
• Experience as a project leader in ERP systems integration, conversion and upgrading is required.
• Experience in ERP system, both financial model and budget model is a must. Experience with financial software such as NAV 2016/2016+ is a definite asset.
• Experience in liaising, communicating with all levels of internal and external personnel with a customer service emphasis.
• Good project management skills and ability to motivate teams to work accurately and in a timely manner.
• Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
• Advanced working knowledge in applications such as Excel and Microsoft Word; experience in SQL report design, etc.
• Must be detail oriented and able to work efficiently as part of a team or independently.
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and set work priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding environment.
• Demonstrated ability in communicating recommendations to program and administration staff for continuous business process improvements.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: