JOB POSTING - RSTP Trainer
- Based in Toronto, ON -
(Full-time Contract until March 31, 2024 with the possibility of extension)
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) is administered by the CCS. RSTP provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs.
CCS is seeking an RSTP Trainer who will be based in Toronto, ON and will be delivering RSTP services to the sponsorship groups across Greater Toronto Area.
The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and implement RSTP training and information sharing initiatives and assist refugee sponsors, including Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Groups of Five and Community Sponsors, who are involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
- Work in cooperation with the RSTP Director, the RSTP Manager and other RSTP team members to provide information, training, and other types of support to private refugee sponsors involved in the PSR and BVOR programs
- Provide assistance to refugee sponsors (SAHs, Community Sponsors and Groups of Five) in understanding criteria to sponsor refugees, navigating the sponsorship process, submitting successful sponsorship applications, and supporting sponsored refugees with settlement and integration
- Organize and facilitate training sessions (online and in-person) through identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions
- Prepare training curriculum and presentation materials to support all training activities
- Organize regional training and networking events for SAHs and other sponsors
- Inform and connect private sponsors with available settlement and integration services
- Assist refugee sponsors in reviewing new and returned sponsorship applications
- Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret policy and operational changes affecting the PSR and BVOR programs and incorporate them in the RSTP’s training and information-sharing activities
- Assist in the promotion of the BVOR program through information sessions, working with local partners and distributing promotional materials
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries from sponsors and potential sponsors in a timely manner
- Contribute to the development of written materials for posting on the RSTP website
- Share information in various media with the existing and potential sponsorship groups
- ncrease visibility of the RSTP services in the GTA through outreach, promotional activities and engagement with local partners and stakeholders
- Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress
- Provide administrative support to the project as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in social services or related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and/or resettlement of refugees
- Experience with and knowledge of global refugee protection systems, Canada’s immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the PSR and BVOR programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language. Working proficiency in French or another language is a strong asset
- Highly developed skills in preparing and facilitating training sessions and developing supporting materials
- Proven experience in research and analysis of information and presentation in clear and concise language
- Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats
- Experience with delivering training sessions and facilitating meetings using various online platforms
- Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational video is an asset
- Proven skills in working productively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel within Ontario and occasionally to other destinations in Canada and work weekends and evenings as required.
Location: Toronto, ON
Reports to: RSTP Managerbr />Hours of work: 35 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.br />Salary: Between $57,000 to $59,000 per annum
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T336 no later than May 23, 2022
Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.