CICS is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture bound by three core values: Compassion, Inclusion and Collaboration.
Ref.: 11-22 / Coordinator
Job Title: Resource Development & Public Relations Coordinator (one-year contract with a possibility of extension)
Work location: IRC
Team: Community Support
Hours:35 hours per week; required to work regular hours in evenings, Saturdays and some holidays
Salary Range: $49,195 to $55,383
Current Rate: $27.03----$30.43 per hour
The Resource Development & Public Relations Coordinator supports the Program Director of Community Services in establishing a fundraising and donor engagement plan for community food programs (Food Bank, Meal & Social Dining, Greenhouse & Gardens). Our community food programs provide diverse food security support, cross cultural social networking and volunteer opportunities for low income, marginalized adults, youth and seniors living in Scarborough. The programs run weekly garden club sessions, provides food hampers and social dining opportunities. We also work with a diverse range of changing community partners.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about making positive social and environmental justice changes through fundraising and building strong and impactful donor relations. This requires a personal touch needed in today’s world. You will be working independently and will have access to support from the Community Food Programs team. The Resource Development & Public Relations Coordinator will be supervised by the Program Director of Community Services.
Essential duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with Program Director, Program Manager and team to understand initiatives where philanthropy can play a role and create fundraising opportunities and proposals that inspire support
· Design and implement a fundraising strategy for community food programs (Food Bank, Meal & Social Dining, Greenhouse & Gardens)
· Develop and implement donor/sponsor recruitment channels and systems
· Organize and coordinate a collaborative strategy to mobilize and build relationships with potential donors and sponsors.
· Build strong relationships and a network of potential donors or sponsors, which will also involve handling corporate and community partnership related inquiries
· Keep well-informed of emerging trends and techniques of charitable giving and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts.
· Explore the development of online donor fundraising strategy and necessary systems and skills required
· Lead community food programs fundraising events (internal and external)
· Develop timelines, manage and execute tasks to support delivery of fundraising events.
· Provide logistical and administrative support for fundraising events.
· Develop and execute communication strategies for Community Food Programs fundraising. This includes identifying objectives, audiences, key messaging, channels.
· Create and execute social media and awareness-raising campaigns.
· Develop key indicators for success, monitor analytics and evaluate results.
· Write, edit or commission content on the impact of community food programs work for inclusion in newsletter, annual report, website, online social channels, brochures, fact sheets and press releases.
· Research and compile up-to-date facts and statistics about relevant community food program priorities and issues that marginalized people experience
· Conduct media outreach to local media outlets, online and print channels, and social influencers
· Bachelors Degree/and or Diploma in a program related to (e.g. Public relations, fund development, communications and marketing (including event planning)
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a front-line service role and non-profit setting and social justice work
· Understanding of communications and social marketing
· Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with diverse communities, including newcomer/refugee/ at-risk/low-income individuals and families;
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently as a self-starter;
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English; additional language(s) a strong asset (particularly Mandarin and/or Cantonese, Arabic);
· Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and data management, social media
§ Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task, able to work both independently and as part of a team in a multicultural environment;
§ Proof of a negative result in Vulnerable Sector Screening
How to apply:
Resume and cover letter are to be sent to CICS at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on Friday August 19, 2022. Application should quote # Job 11-22: Resource Development & Public Relations Coordinator and address the covering letter to:
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
2330 Midland Avenue,
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone calls please.