CICS is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to empower newcomers in settling and integrating as contributing members of Canadian society through diverse, professional and innovative programs and services. We work to enable newcomers to fully integrate, participate and contribute to all spheres of Canadian society. Our success stems from our workforce culture bound by three core values: Compassion, inclusion and Collaboration.
Ref: #09-21 Coordinator
Job Title: Resource Area Co-ordinator
Team/Unit: MSWC Admin
Location: MSWC and other locations as assigned
Hours: 35 hours per week; may be required to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends occasionally.
Salary Range: $48,365 to $54,436
Current Rate: $26.57 per hour
Summary of the position/Nature and Scope: The Resource Area Coordinator ensures the resource area has information available in different formats and on a variety of topics and issues, community agencies and services pertaining to the settlement needs of the newcomers. The incumbent also works with the Agency staff to ensure consistent program and service information being communicated with external media and the stakeholders.
Resource Area Support
• Assists clients in the Information/ Resource Area with their information needs as well as job search strategies utilizing all resources and technology available, such as online application
• Coordinating and maintaining the computer facilities in the Resource Area
• Seeks out consistently new information and job search tools and websites
• Ensures that the Welcome Centre Resource Area is a current depository for relevant and updated information and resources on community services relevant to newcomers
• Collects labour market information to assist clients in job search strategies
• Organize regular workshops and informal information sessions
• Responsible for agency statistic collection and analysis
• Responsible for online promotion of Welcome Centre services via email to clients and social media platforms
• Prepares and maintains accurate statistical reports for the resource area
• Works cooperatively with other staff to ensure consistent and efficient reception coverage while providing excellent customer service
• Provides client support on a drop in basis, especially for clients who require simple assistance that do not need a formal appointment
• Actively participates in promoting and advancing a strong public profile for the Welcome Centre and agency as well as programs, develops working relationships with social service,
community, and employment agencies to promote settlement services
• Uses excellent customer service skills on the phone, email, and in person to deal tactfully and effectively with partners, organizations, and the general public to build and maintain a
positive image of the Welcome Centre, CICS, and funded programs
Welcome Centre Case Management Support
• Assist with Case Management of new clients when needed, as assigned by Centre Manager.
Technical Support and Computer Training
• Provide computer instruction both as part of other CICS programs as well as regular Resource Area activities, such as MS Office, How to use iPad and Android Tablets, Introduction to Social Media platforms, etc.
• Provide secondary IT support to staff when IT Specialist is not on site
Qualifications/Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written fluency in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin is required;
• Strong and effective presentation and coaching skills
• Exceptional computer skills with proficiency level Microsoft Office, computer software, internet, email, and computer graphics.
• Advanced knowledge in Social Media platforms
• Ability to cope with changes and be flexible in scheduling and willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally.
• Perform other unplanned task or duties of transient nature as assigned by the supervisor
• A negative result in Vulnerable Sector Screening is mandatory;
How To Apply
All resumes are to be sent to CICS by email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on April 13, 2021.Application should quote # Job 09-21 / Resource Area Coordinator and address the covering letter to:
Centre for Immigrant and Community Services (CICS)
2330 Midland Avenue,
CICS is an equal opportunity employer. We provide accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities if required. This will be in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act and Ontario Human Rights Code. We thank all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. Regrettably we cannot accept telephone inquiries.